Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:32 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Disk Graphs
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:45 am 
Contributor

OAv2 Beta 1.1: I have noticed that the disk graphs don't show up in IE8, but they work fine with Google Chrome.

With IE8 I get the following error

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; InfoPath.3; .NET4.0E; MS-RTC LM 8; AskTbFXTV5/5.9.1.14019)
Timestamp: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 19:28:43 UTC

Message: 'window.G_vmlCanvasManager' is null or not an object
Line: 1249
Char: 13
Code: 0
URI: http://localhost/theme-tango/tango-file ... .jqplot.js

Post subject: Re: Disk Graphs
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:55 am 

Interesting. I get nothing when I view the graphs with IE 9. If I use the F12 Developer Tools to change the User Agent String to Firefox or Chrome it works fine. If I try IE8 or IE7 modes all of OAv2 is messed up.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:15 pm 
Site Admin

I have IE8 (I think) at work - I'll try and check this tomorrow.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:46 pm 
Site Admin

OK, so I fired up IE8.
As long as you are using the actual IE8 (browser / document) mode, page's display fine.
My browser had defaulted to another mode (not sure which - I don't really care) and wouldn't display the left side menu. It was very broken. Pressed F12 and checked the mode(s) - reset them and all fine.
HOWEVER - disk graphs do not seem to appear. :-(
Will see what I can do before beta2 is released.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:09 pm 
Site Admin

OK, so I've made some progress.
It's a bit weird...
There were a couple of errors - fixed them, fine.
Now, when viewing the source in IE8, I get the following output
[code]line1 = ];[/code]
In firefox I get the following output
[code]line1 = [['2011-06-10', 87], ['2011-06-12', 87], ['2011-06-13', 87], ['2011-06-14', 87], ['2011-06-15', 87], ['2011-06-16', 87], ['2011-06-17', 87], ['2011-06-18', 87], ['2011-06-19', 87], ['2011-06-20', 87], ['2011-06-21', 87], ['2011-06-22', 87], ['2011-06-23', 87], ['2011-06-24', 87]];[/code]
Obviously this code is the javascript (inside v_partition_graph.php) that generate's the graph line.
The actual code from v_partition_graph is
[code]$line1 = "[";
foreach ($query as $partition)
{
$line1 .= "['" . $partition->timestamp . "', " . $partition->percent_used . "], ";
}
$line1 = substr($line1, 0, (strlen($line1) - 2));
$line1 = $line1 . "];";

foreach ($partition_details as $partition)
{
$graph_title = str_replace("\\", "\\\\", $partition->partition_mount_point) . " (" . $partition->partition_mount_type . ")";
}
some other lines
line1 = <?php echo $line1 . "\n"; ?>[/code]
If anyone has any idea why IE would not be generating / accepting / reformatting / whatever else, the generated code, feel free to comment. Any help or pointers appreciated.

For what it's worth - if I paste the generated code from firefox into v_partition_graph, the graph does display in IE8. Obviously this is then hardcoded for that exact server - but it proves it will render correctly if I can get it there in the first place... grrrr.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:04 pm 

When I looked at it I saw you get $line = ]; because $query is empty. I didn't attempt to track down what would cause that. Where does $query come from?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:05 pm 
Site Admin

UPDATE

It seem's the entire code block below is not being executed when the page is served to IE. WTH ? The PHP output (the javascript variables) are not appearing in the source of a page viewed in IE. They are being displayed when the source of a Firefox page is being viewed. Very weird. The page in question is v_partition_graph.php.

Any idea's or help much appreciated.

[code]<?php
$line1 = "[";

{
$line1 .= "['" . $partition->timestamp . "', " . $partition->percent_used . "], ";
}

$line1 = mb_substr($line1, 0, (mb_strlen($line1) - 2));
$line1 = $line1 . "];";

foreach ($partition_details as $partition) {
$graph_title = str_replace("\\", "\\\\", $partition->partition_mount_point) . " (" . $partition->partition_mount_type . ")";
}
?>[/code]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:09 pm 

I'm pretty sure the code is executed but the $query is empty and so it breaks. Where does $query come from?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:33 pm 
Site Admin

[quote]Where does $query come from?

Controller "main", Function "disk_graph" calls Model "m_partition", Function "get_partition_graph".
That returns the data to main which then calls the view "v_partition_graph".

What's weird is that is works for Firefox. By my reasoning, it should be working for IE or any other browser. This is all calculated THEN sent to the browser. The browser just receives the data. Why the PHP code in v_partition_graph is not being executed when being called by IE is a complete mystery to me.
Even dumping in a "print_r($query);" into v_partition_graphs reports that $query is an empty array. How can this be when it is a data filled array when viewed in Firefox.

Call me stumped... :cry:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:37 pm 

I tested a bit and sometimes when switching modes in IE the partition_id value would get set to 0 rather than the proper value and $query would then be empty because it's not finding any data. I think this is because of weird caching issues with IE.

After messing with it a bit I decided to go a bit lower in the chain. I replaced jqplot with the latest from the devel site and added the excanvas.js for IE less than 9. The graphs are now displayed with IE 9 in it's various modes as long as I have made sure that I'm not affected by the caching problem noted above and IE doesn't have any data to graph.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:22 am 
Contributor

After searching the error for a while, I found references to including a "excanvas".

Looking in the jquery.jqplot.js file, I found this info which I think could be the key:

About: Introduction
* jqPlot requires jQuery (1.4+ required for certain features). jQuery 1.4.1 is included in the distribution.
* To use jqPlot include jQuery, the jqPlot jQuery plugin, the jqPlot css file and optionally
* the excanvas script for IE support in your web page:
* > <!--[if IE]><script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="excanvas.js"></script><![endif]-->
* > <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="jquery-1.4.2.min.js"></script>
* > <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="jquery.jqplot.min.js"></script>
* > <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="jquery.jqplot.css" />

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:54 am 

I tried including the excanvas.js that was already in the OA distribution. That didn't work until I also updated the jqplot code to the latest. I think it should be "<!--[if lt IE 9]>" as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:07 am 
Contributor

Sorry for my ignorance but which file should I put this <!--[if lt IE 9]> code into?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:21 am 

Yeah, I don't really explain things 'cause I'm lazy. Sorry.

So this is what I did.
Downloaded the latest [url=http://www.jqplot.com/]jqplot[/url].
Extracted archive.
Renamed dist directory to jqplot.
Replaced OAv2\www\theme-tango\tango-files\jquery\js\jqplot with new jqplot.
Added excanvas call to OAv2\code_igniter\system\application\views\theme-tango\v_partition_graph.php.

Tested the disk usage graphing which seems to work. Or not if you do the same and it doesn't work. Didn't test anything else so the above steps could break all kinds of other things. That's for Mark to fix. :lol:

v_partition_graph.php
[code]

<!--[if lt IE 9]><script src="<?php echo base_url() . 'theme-' . $user_theme . '/' . $user_theme . '-files/jquery/js/jqplot/excanvas.min.js'; ?>" type="text/javascript"></script><![endif]-->
<script src="<?php echo base_url() . 'theme-' . $user_theme . '/' . $user_theme . '-files/jquery/js/jqplot/jquery.jqplot.js'; ?>" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="<?php echo base_url() . 'theme-' . $user_theme . '/' . $user_theme . '-files/jquery/js/jqplot/plugins/jqplot.logAxisRenderer.js'; ?>" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="<?php echo base_url() . 'theme-' . $user_theme . '/' . $user_theme . '-files/jquery/js/jqplot/plugins/jqplot.canvasTextRenderer.js'; ?>" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="<?php echo base_url() . 'theme-' . $user_theme . '/' . $user_theme . '-files/jquery/js/jqplot/plugins/jqplot.canvasAxisLabelRenderer.js'; ?>" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="<?php echo base_url() . 'theme-' . $user_theme . '/' . $user_theme . '-files/jquery/js/jqplot/plugins/jqplot.canvasAxisTickRenderer.js'; ?>" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="<?php echo base_url() . 'theme-' . $user_theme . '/' . $user_theme . '-files/jquery/js/jqplot/plugins/jqplot.dateAxisRenderer.js'; ?>" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="<?php echo base_url() . 'theme-' . $user_theme . '/' . $user_theme . '-files/jquery/js/jqplot/plugins/jqplot.categoryAxisRenderer.js'; ?>" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="<?php echo base_url() . 'theme-' . $user_theme . '/' . $user_theme . '-files/jquery/js/jqplot/plugins/jqplot.barRenderer.js'; ?>" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="<?php echo base_url() . 'theme-' . $user_theme . '/' . $user_theme . '-files/jquery/js/jqplot/plugins/jqplot.trendline.min.js'; ?>" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="<?php echo base_url() . 'theme-' . $user_theme . '/' . $user_theme . '-files/jquery/js/jqplot/plugins/jqplot.highlighter.min.js'; ?>" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="<?php echo base_url() . 'theme-' . $user_theme . '/' . $user_theme . '-files/jquery/js/jqplot/plugins/jqplot.cursor.min.js'; ?>" type="text/javascript"></script>

<?php

#echo "<pre>\n";
#print_r($query);
#echo "</pre>\n";

$line1 = "[";
{
}
$line1 = substr($line1, 0, (strlen($line1) - 2));
$line1 .= "];";

foreach ($partition_details as $partition)
{
}
?>

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript">
$(document).ready(function(){

$.jqplot.config.enablePlugins = true;
line1 = <?php echo $line1 . "\n"; ?>
plot1 = $.jqplot('chart1', [line1], {
title:'<?php echo $graph_title; ?>',
legend: {show:false},
axesDefaults: {
tickRenderer: $.jqplot.CanvasAxisTickRenderer ,
tickOptions: {
angle: -45,
fontSize: '10pt'
}
},
axes:{
xaxis:{
autoscale: true,
renderer:$.jqplot.DateAxisRenderer,
tickInterval:'1 day'
},
yaxis:{
min:0,
max:100,
tickOptions:{formatString:'%% %.2i'}
}
},
highlighter: {sizeAdjust: 7.5},
cursor: {show: false}
});

});
</script>

<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />
<div class="jqplot" id="chart1"></div>

[/code]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:33 am 
Contributor

Perfect... Works for me too. Thanks alot, jpa

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next