Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:54 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Ticketing / Helpdesk
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:29 pm 
Helper

[quote="jhurd8025"]I would say use the projects out there like GLPI, and create plugins for those systems to interface with eachother.

I agree with this.

Mark
Integration with some number of already available useful open systems is more real target then create another one at empty space. And this job you can do well :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:54 pm 
Helper

As for now i search HelpDesk system for our company, and even if interface plugin it is only plans, it would be great to know "system or your choice". This is big reason to prefer this system ;)

Or may be someone of guys here work on such task?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:59 am 

First of all, thank you for your excellent work on OA. Keep it up.

As micro420 suggested, one of the finest open source ticketing systems i OTRS. Actually, it's much more. It can be integrated with OTRS:ITSM which is another project of the same crew. It is ITIL compliant incident, problem and configuration management system. I guess they could be interested in helping with development of OA feed. More info at otrs.org and otrs.com. OTRS is open source, but as otrs.com they offer commercial services and custom development and training. They've also developed SISIOS, incident management system for IT security.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:59 am 

What we could do is add a flag in the remote management section to send an email to whichever call logging system you have with the details of the machine being viewed, and a description of the fault. Almost all call logging systems support logging calls by email.

[size=85]OA Server: Windows XP/ XAMPP, Mandriva/Apache, Ubuntu
Auditing: 300+ Wstns, 20+ Srvrs, Thin clients, Linux boxes, Routers, etc
OS's: Windows XP , W2K Srvr, W2K3 Srvr, W2K8, Vista, Windows 7, Linuxes (and a Mac at home)
LDAP: Active Directory[/size]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:32 pm 
Helper

[quote="A_Hull"]Almost all call logging systems support logging calls by email.

But most of them use SMTP. And it is problem for me, because our mail server - not :cry:
(MS Exchange 5.5 with x400 transport, no one can communicate with them, only MS Outlook :( )

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:50 pm 

[quote="meronbar"][quote="A_Hull"]Almost all call logging systems support logging calls by email.

But most of them use SMTP. And it is problem for me, because our mail server - not :cry:
(MS Exchange 5.5 with x400 transport, no one can communicate with them, only MS Outlook :( )

...but surely your Exchange server talks SMTP to the outside world. We would only need to send an email to your helpdesk@yourdomain.com address, and exchange would do the rest.

Alternatively, have a copy of Outlook pick up an external web based account, and forward this to your internal helpdesk account at say 5 min intervals, OA then sends to the external account. (Assuming your local security is not so tight as to kill this idea).

[size=85]OA Server: Windows XP/ XAMPP, Mandriva/Apache, Ubuntu
Auditing: 300+ Wstns, 20+ Srvrs, Thin clients, Linux boxes, Routers, etc
OS's: Windows XP , W2K Srvr, W2K3 Srvr, W2K8, Vista, Windows 7, Linuxes (and a Mac at home)
LDAP: Active Directory[/size]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:45 pm 
Helper

[quote="A_Hull"]
...but surely your Exchange server talks SMTP to the outside world.

Not :(
I cant send SMTP in any way. Server talk only to another one, and they to another ... and somewhere in the other side of earth one of them transfer mail to outside over SMTP. Redirecting rules work only "inside", SMTP address not allowed. This is really hard situation. :(

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:06 pm 
Open-AudIT Fellow

It was a long time ago since I ended using Exchange 5.5, but you could install and configure the Internet mail service, apply all the available Sps/HFs, configure the Site addressing and (if you need external connectivity) create and configure the Internet mail service connector. Obviously, in this last case, other settings are needed on the outside firewall and the public DNS server (i.e. the MX record) to interface it with the outside world (not suggested indeed, if you are not skilled on this: I imagine your organization being limited to internal X400 message routing for security reasons).
Don't ask me more, it's all I still remember of this old version of Exchange.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:30 am 
Helper

To ef
Thank your for attention, but as i say this is hard problem. Mostly, because we restricted touch anything in mail server. This is security related procedures etc
In one word - we cant use SMTP.
This is not common situation, but point of view from my situation is - it is better do something similar to admin_pc_add_1.php to autosubmit tickets. :D

Actually it is very second question. Because first thing i wait from such integration - add new equipment and software, so users can open ticket and chose from actual list of parameters.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:39 am 

This could definitely be slick, I'm actually working on mating open audit with our in-house trac right now, when I get it handled I'd be happy to post the way I did it here, and I'll throw up the plugins to trac-hacks.org.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:28 pm 

HappyFox (http://www.happyfox.com) would an ideal solution for your requirements. The customizable features of HappyFox enable you to add specific fields based on type of customer queries. HappyFox is integrated with a KB for answering FAQs. The SLA management feature also lets you escalate unresponded queries and you can also view a report on the SLA breaches for any time period. HappyFox is free for a 2 member team and economically priced for larger teams.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:36 am 

I agree with having a modular approach.. but a small nice helpdesk with knowledge base is http://accord5.com/trellis. Trellisdesk would appear to be an easy integration or modular path. It also is a decent standalone product, as well.

Hosted on CentOS 5.8 (Apache 2.2.2x+MySQL 5.x.x+PHP 5.2.x)
Auditing on WAN :
~2 Windows Servers (2K3 R2)
~15 Workstations (XP SP2/3)
~42 Linux Servers
~10 Apple OSX mac-minis
~1 Apple OSX iMac
~2 Apple MacPro
~9 Apple MacBook Pros

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2