Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:28 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: UNC path for windows XP
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:06 pm 

First let me say I have been using OA with great success, you guys are great!

So I recentl updated my OA to 09.12.23. So in trying to automate things a little more I thought I would try and use the Manage Audits function.

I have somewhat successfully added a new configuration. However I am having trouble with one section of the configuration page.

Under the Windows Audit Settings section, the audit.vbs UNC path. It is asking to put //server/share/audit.vbs file. Now this is going to sound crazy and thats cause I am no Linux guy but Windows UNC paths are \\server\share\.

How do I set it so that my share can be \\server\share?

I also noticed that when I select IP Range and I enter in my range, when I save it and go back to that config, the last octet in the End IP is never there is that normal?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:18 am 

If you really want to stick with OpenAudit ver 1 you should update to the [url=http://open-audit.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/open-audit/trunk/?view=tar]latest code from SVN[/url]. Although even this is still pretty old.

Unless you're lucky and it just works or you're willing to troubleshoot any problems I would stay away from the built-in automation stuff. The automation code is perl so you want the UNC with forward slashes.

The missing last octet is a problem in the display code. The value is saved but not displayed. Easy fix if you need it and I'm pretty sure I posted something about this a long time ago but don't have a link right at hand.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]