Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:46 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: [FIXED] Users setup
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:35 pm 

Hi,

im trying to setup users on Admin>Config>Security tab. It seems that i can create only 1 user. The username and password is being stored in include_config.php under
$users = array(
'admin' => 'md5 bunch of numbers and letter'.
When i create a second user, the first is overwritten. Is this normal behavior..? I kinda though, that username/password would be stored in mysql DB. Please let me know.
Thank you.

Last edited by admssm on Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Users setup
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:57 am 

OpenAudit v1 doesn't use the database for username and password. It currently only allows 4 users and I don't think the web interface for managing this value was completed. I think you need to populate the array yourself in include_config.php. At the very least you need to give it a user name with a blank password and then when you view the Security tab you'll be able to set the password using the interface. Either that or you need to fix the code in admin_config.php to always show the 4 user fields even when the username is empty.

Or you can use LDAP for user authentication and skip the built in users.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:59 pm 

Hi,

i setup one user inside the OA site and then added another 2 users manually inside the file, because if i want to setup another user using the OA site, it overwrites the existing one in include_config.php. Was this feature thought thru, or am i doing something wrong..? :

$users = array(
'vana' => '2c42e5cf1cdbafea04ed267018ef1511' This one created from site
'admin' => '21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3' These 2 created manually
'test' => '098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6'
);

However, when i setup the users manually inside the include_config.php (code generated from web md5 generator), i cant open the OA site. Im getting white page. once i delete all created users from file, it works fine. It seems, the site cant handle more then 1 user for login.

As you may noticed, im not a php coder, so perhaps, im not creating the users correctly inside the file.

Please let me know your thought on this.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:35 am 

If what you posted is literally what you have in the file (without the comments) then you haven't defined the array correctly.
You need: [code]$users = array(
'vana' => '2c42e5cf1cdbafea04ed267018ef1511',
'admin' => '21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3',
'test' => '098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6'
);[/code]

If you use the following then the web ui will allow you to enter a password and will convert it to md5 and store it in the file.
[code]$users = array(
'user1' => '',
'user2' => '',
'user3' => '',
'user4' => ''
);[/code]

[quote="admssm"]Was this feature thought thru...
OAv1 had many authors, grew over time and is no longer maintained and it shows. Switch to OAv2 if you want a newer architecture that is currently maintained.

Post subject: [FIXED] Users setup
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:05 pm 

Thx, i got it fixed.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]