Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:20 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 1:33 am 

Hi

Ive got an issue populating the sql with AV information for all of my Windows Servers (2003 standard, R2, 2008, x86, x64; basically all flavors of Win Server under the sun). I have one WndowsXp unit in scope in this environment and the AV data is populating properly. So i guess my question is where does open audit gather this information? I can probably figure it out from there but i just dont know where (which file specifically) is pulling the information to insert into the sql.

Thanks!
Nicholas

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 2:30 am 

It [url=http://blogs.msdn.com/b/alejacma/archive/2008/05/12/how-to-get-antivirus-information-with-wmi-vbscript.aspx]looks like the method[/url] that OpenAudit uses is no longer supported in recent versions of Windows. From reading the linked blog comments an AV vendor can support this but yours probably doesn't. We use TrendMicro and the SecurityCenter namespace isn't available on our servers.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 2:44 am 

We are using Mcafee Enterprise with AntiSpyware module and Host Intrusion Prevention. All of these items show up in the All Software query with systems assigned so Im not sure how to get this information into the sql for the related fields under table 'system' in the columns virus_manufacturer, virus_version, virus_name and virus_uptodate. Basically I want to have a dashboard with this information available on the home page. The view already exists and I changed the sql query in 'index_data.php' to include system_os_name LIKE "Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Server%" which is populating the view with the servers instead XP. Is this information being pulled via wmi or is there something else happening? Where are the wmi object classes being called, which file specifically?

thanks

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 2:56 am 

All auditing is done in audit.vbs. In this case OpenAudit is doing it almost exactly like in the blog post I linked. Not supported in recent versions of Windows.

You could change the audit.vbs to audit the AV differently if the audit is run on a version of Windows that doesn't support the SecurityCenter namespace. You'd need to search through the registry entries of your AV product and pull the info from there.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]