Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:58 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:55 am 

I've got a client that needs to track down how many instances of SQL there are running on their network, so I suggested open audit to acquire this info.

I've got a BATCH file put together that pulls the audit vbs files down to the local machine and runs them from a shared drive (as there is no AD domain, local credentials have to be used, thus i'm running the audit locally on each server).

I'm not a Novell Guru and I was wondering if anyone has run into this situation with open audit and had to push the open audit scripts with the novell client or zenworks?

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:26 pm 

Hi, are you trying to audit workstation on the network running Novell and Zenworks to deploy application?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:35 pm 

Hi, we use Novell and Zenworks to deploy applications. I have successfully managed to deploy the audit.vbs via zenworks and it is scanning workstations on the network and updaing the DB. The way to do it is:

1. Create a folder on the Novell which is accessible to all users and copy audit.vbs and audit.config file into it.
2. Create Zenworks Object and under Distribution Options in Run After Distribution put the following with line
wscript "xxxxxxxxxxx\OpenAudit\audit.vbs" where xxxxxxxx is the path to where the files were copied to.
Do not forget to pur CMD.EXE /C in the Script Engine Location.
3. Associate the object to all wokstations on the OU.

Sit back and watch audit fill the DB.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]