Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:28 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:53 am 

Hello All -

I just found out about this software and today and have been trying to get it to work for the last 2 hours. Below are my system specs and what I've done so far:

- Using one of my workstations as test server
- Runs Windows 7 Ult x64
- Downloaded and installed XAMPP to c:\xampp\
- Downloaded latest OpenAudit release & copied it to C:\XAMPP\xampp\htdocs\openaudit\ (9.3.17)
- From XAMPP Control Panel, selected both Apache & Sql services and started them (They show "Running")
- Created an audit .config file from the FAQ "How To Audit A Domain". It was a straight copy/paste except for the following changes:
- All 3 instances of "support.mydomain.local" were changed to my workstation's ip
- In theline "local_domain = "LDAP://mydomain.local", I changed "mydomain.local" to my domain name that I wanted to audit - Example: "local_domain = "LDAP://microsoft.com"

I can successfully browse and sign onto http:\\127.0.0.1\openaudit\setup.php and have gone through the initial setup mostly taking defaults.

I'm not an expert at this stuff, but assume the next step is to run "CSCRIPT AUDIT.VBS" from the command prompt. When I do, I get the following error message:

"C:\XAMPP\xampp\htdocs\openaudit\scripts\audit.vbs(131, 1) Microsoft VBScript com
pilation error: Syntax error"

What am I doing wrong?

P.s. - I do have full domain and local admin access - Thanks for your help! - Ben

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:56 pm 

You didn't include your audit.config but I'd guess you left out a double-quote somewhere in one of the values.

Something like:
[code]
local_domain = "LDAP://microsoft.com

rather than

local_domain = "LDAP://microsoft.com"
[/code]

But that's just a guesss without your config.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]