Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:42 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:47 am 

Hello, I currently run audits on my PC's using a combination of Windows scheduled tasks and shutdown scripts and it works great. I would like to begin auditing my Linux servers, but would like some direction on how to do so. I am currently running Ubuntu 8.04 LTS and any help in getting me started with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:41 am 

I have a similar issue so I'm posting it here in order to don't create a new post.
I'm administering a Windows domain, so my open-audit is being supported in a Windows 2008 server using XAMPP. All windows machines belonging my domain are detected but I also have Linux machines in the domain that my audit script doesn't detect.
My question is what have I got to do to make the script detects Linux machines?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:27 pm 

Since Linux doesn't have WMI, we cannot simply connect to the machine as we do with the Windows boxes, therefore we currntly need to copy the audit.sh script to the linux box, and run from there.

There is some development work afoot, to use rsh to remote shell on to the box, copy the script and then run it, but as things stand you need to do this by hand.

[size=85]OA Server: Windows XP/ XAMPP, Mandriva/Apache, Ubuntu
Auditing: 300+ Wstns, 20+ Srvrs, Thin clients, Linux boxes, Routers, etc
OS's: Windows XP , W2K Srvr, W2K3 Srvr, W2K8, Vista, Windows 7, Linuxes (and a Mac at home)
LDAP: Active Directory[/size]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:08 am 

Do I need to edit the audit_linux.sh file? Does it send the results to the OA server? I figured I could copy the script to the Linux box and the set a cron job to run it on a scheduled basis. I was reading through the audit_linux.sh script and it has references to the audit.vbs in it, so I am a little confused as to what I need to edit in this exactly to get it to audit only the local linux box.

Thanks again.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:03 pm 

I have the same problem with digitizedmind75. Please help us how to use linux.sh script

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]