Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:12 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:03 am 

I'm very excited about using Open-AudIT in our community library. I have set it up on an Ubuntu 9.10 server (LAMP) and everything went well (including auditing my own Windows machine) until I tried to set up a domain audit using LDAP. LDAP is configured and working, and I have been able to create an LDAP connection with the Windows domain controller. However, when I try to configure an audit using the LDAP connection and press "Test LDAP", it returns "sh: /var/www/openaudit/scripts/audit: Permission denied". If I change the permissions on that file to include execute privilege, then it returns "sh: /var/www/openaudit/scripts/audit: not found".

I'm baffled - any help would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:12 am 

After spending more time on it, I found that the "audit" Linux app (ELF binary) will not execute on my Ubuntu 9.10 Server system. ldd says that it is "not a dynamic executable", so it's not a library issue. I decided to try using "audit.pl" and that resolved the issue. However, I'm now stuck with the same problem as some others - the scheduled domain audit returns "Audit Stopped Abnormally" for most of the PC's and "Cannot Connect to Host" for the rest. I'm going to add the firewall_allow.vbs to the domain logon script and, hopefully, that'll resolve the "Cannot Connect to Host" problems.

But, I'm still stuck on the "Audit Stopped Abnormally" problem. I can audit them manually from each workstation, but the scheduled audits aren't working. Any new developments on this?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:57 am 

More info: Running on Ubuntu 9.10 Server 64-bit with LAMP stack
The audit executable (ELF format) will not run. I was able to work around it by telling OA to always use audit.pl.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:34 am 

Finally got a domain audit done by running "audit.exe" from a Windows server. If anybody figures out why it fails (Audit Stopped Abnormally) when started from the web interface, I'd sure like to hear about it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:54 pm 

Is there any guide/faq how to use audit.pl or audit.exe

Do I have to audit several times / week to get updated info?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:18 am 

[quote="watsonta"]Finally got a domain audit done by running "audit.exe" from a Windows server. If anybody figures out why it fails (Audit Stopped Abnormally) when started from the web interface, I'd sure like to hear about it.

What command line did you use?
I tried with audit.exe /? but couldn't get any information. Can't find anything in the FAQ either.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:18 pm 

Any ideas how to fix this? My LDAP connection actually works, but I get Cannot Connect to Host running web audit. Thanks!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]