Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:25 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Please i need help
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:02 am 

Hi i'm a spanish computer technicians and i need implement Open-AudIT in my company.

I install OpenAudit in Ubuntu 8.10 and Ubuntu Server 8.04LTS and when i try to access to the main page of OA all is ok, but don't appear any computer or server.

When execute audit_linux.sh using ./audit_linux.sh but show the next mensage: /bin/bash interprete de comando desconocido

I need help for run OA please if anyone can tell my step by step that i would do...

All my computers are in a Active directory under windows server 2003.

Please i need help!!! if any would contact with me can use this e-mail: halonso@acotelsa.com and this msn account: hectoralonso2003@hotmail.com.

Thank's and sorry for my terrible english....

Post subject: Re: Please i need help
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:38 am 

Look at the FAQs for more in depth info on how to audit a domain, and to understand how it all works.

Start with the audit.vbs script on a windows workstation. Audit.vbs is the audit script for windows. audit.sh is the script to audit a linux machine.

You can ask the audit.vbs script to audit a single PC or a domain. See the FAQs for full details, and if you are still struggling, feel free to ask for further help.

[size=85]OA Server: Windows XP/ XAMPP, Mandriva/Apache, Ubuntu
Auditing: 300+ Wstns, 20+ Srvrs, Thin clients, Linux boxes, Routers, etc
OS's: Windows XP , W2K Srvr, W2K3 Srvr, W2K8, Vista, Windows 7, Linuxes (and a Mac at home)
LDAP: Active Directory[/size]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:41 pm 

Thank you very much A-Hull. But the solution to my problem after reading the responses on this forum for some time, does not appear. I followed all the How-to to the letter but I always receive the same error as if linux does not recognize my audit_linux.sh and besides it's as if I do not capture any computer within the domain.

So I wanted to know if any more detailed guidance or someone has a tutorial step by step as they have done work, we would greatly appreciate it. Needed to confirm that it is not my problem or that I'm a bit inept with this in OpenAudIT.

The truth that I have much interest in this project as it may mean my continuity within the company ...

Another question in addition to my problem, is the computer that acts as web server and the application or must be within the domain you want to audit or not?

Sorry for being so heavy but I have performed millions of tests without success ... and need help. I can send info from the mistakes and testing of whom want. Thank you very much for attention.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:25 pm 
Site Admin

[quote]I followed all the How-to to the letter but I always receive the same error as if linux does not recognize my audit_linux.sh and besides it's as if I do not capture any computer within the domain.

audit_linux.sh is designed to audit a Linux machine locally - not a remote machine.
To audit Windows machines, run audit.vbs on a Windows machine with Domain Admin credentials.

[quote]Another question in addition to my problem, is the computer that acts as web server and the application or must be within the domain you want to audit or not?
In the Windows Domain - no. Reachable by the systems on your network - yes.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:33 pm 

Thank you very much for the clarification, the server or if you have visibility across the network I want to audit so no problem ...

Regarding the file to execute is audit.vbs ... So although my server is linux I should launch the file audit.vbs? How do I throw it against all the computers on my network from linux? Because either there is something queno understand the How-to or is there something not working properly.

Someone may spend some link where it appears as the FAQ on the forum because I have already followed all ... : S

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:47 pm 
Site Admin

Audit.vbs must be run from a Windows machine.
There is no way (in Open-AudIT) to audit a Windows machine from a Linux machine. This will change in OAv2.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:19 pm 

Thank you very much, then we changed the server platform to a domain under Server2003 to audit teams, many thanks for the help and will continue on here until I am done with the system.

Thank you very much indeed!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]