Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:45 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:04 am 

Firstly a big thanks to all of you who've been working on OA. The guys I work with and my new boss really love it!

Secondly, I've just moved the installation (copied everything) from a 2003 server onto a 2000 server. I've upgraded WSH to the latest version as the standard didn't work with OA. Also added the GDIplus.dll to system32. apparently 2000 didn't have either as a fresh build.

Below is a snippet of the audit.config I'm running which but what I'm finding is that the server goes way past 10 and actually tries to audit some 230 machines at once grinding my box down to a halt with some 270 process.

I've looked everywhere, downloaded the lastest svn bu tit's still doing it. It does actually audit the machines so everything is working it's just that it's killing everything else so I need to limit it again.

'
audit_location = "r"
verbose = "y"
audit_host="http://openaudit"
online = "yesxml"
strComputer = ""
ie_visible = "n"
ie_auto_submit = "y"
ie_submit_verbose = "y"
ie_form_page = audit_host + "/openaudit/admin_pc_add_1.php"
non_ie_page = audit_host + "/openaudit/admin_pc_add_2.php"
input_file = "pc_list_file.txt"

hfnet = "n"
Count = 0
number_of_audits = 10
script_name = "audit.vbs"
monitor_detect = "y"
printer_detect = "y"
software_audit = "y"
uuid_type = "uuid"
'

Let me know what other information you need me to provide.

Mark ;)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:15 am 

have you found a fix for this?

it used to work for me with version 07.08.28 but not with 08.07.23. I am not using any old old configs, i just migrated over my settings.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:08 am 

sorry to resurrect an old post, but the cause of the process counter not working can be fixed by commenting out line 4567 of audit.vbs

The CheckForHungWMI() sub will not run on systems prior to Server 2003, since the SWbemDateTime object does not exist on those systems, erroring out CheckForHungWMI() and HowMany().

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]