Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:24 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:18 pm 

Hi,
I have installed WAMP 2 as an out of the box installation with the addition of the LDAP extension to PHP.
everyone has WRX perms on the C:\WAMP\WWW\OpenAudit directory and sub directories.
and my homepage is at:- http://<computername or IP Address>/OpenAudit
I am running on Windows 2003R2 Server on a VMWare ESX Virtual instance.
So.
1 - Audit runs fine after amending the audit.conf
2 - webpages seem ok

However...
I get the following script errors on these webpages

a) - Home - Displays OK (apart from too wide for the screen)
b) - Queries - Shows the following under SYSTEMS on all items which run all Windows Variations:-
Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\OpenAudit\include_functions.php on line 388
Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\OpenAudit\include_functions.php on line 392
Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\OpenAudit\include_functions.php on line 396

c) - Other Items (including sub menus) - Show OK
d) - All other menus seem ok.

When I run the LDAP Audit I get:-
Deprecated: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in C:\wamp\www\OpenAudit\ldap_audit_script.php on line 306

Deprecated: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in C:\wamp\www\OpenAudit\ldap_audit_script.php on line 306

Deprecated: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in C:\wamp\www\OpenAudit\ldap_audit_script.php on line 340
Auditing LDAP Path: DC=MyDomain,DC=co,DC=uk
Also when i click on Computer Details on a system I get the following showing at the top of the screen and nothing else except the menu on the left of the screen :-

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\OpenAudit\include_functions.php on line 685

Fatal error: Call to undefined function ldap_connect() in C:\wamp\www\OpenAudit\include_functions.php on line 1009

But Items seem to have audited correctly

Any Takers?????

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:27 pm 

Looks like you are probably using PHP 5.3, I haven't tested with this yet, you could roll back to PHP 5.2.10, but since you have installed as part of a bundle this may not be that simple. Better would be for us to check and fix any issues. Give me time to test, and we should be able to sort these little quirks out.

[size=85]OA Server: Windows XP/ XAMPP, Mandriva/Apache, Ubuntu
Auditing: 300+ Wstns, 20+ Srvrs, Thin clients, Linux boxes, Routers, etc
OS's: Windows XP , W2K Srvr, W2K3 Srvr, W2K8, Vista, Windows 7, Linuxes (and a Mac at home)
LDAP: Active Directory[/size]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:21 pm 

What d'ya know!!

because there is nothing else running on the server, i copied out the OA webfolder, and removed WAMPSERVER 2.0.
Installed WAMP5.
editted the PHP.INI file to load PHP_LDAP
coped the include_config.php file to a .old extension
then restarted the WAMP services.
logged onto the Webpage and re-ran the setup pages.
copied the include_config.php file back and then hey presto!!!! it worked.
I am now re-running my audit to re populate the tables in the DB (whoch at this stage is a pilot.

however..

We have approx 40,000 user (all with either a PC or Laptop
but different sites and domains (many are child domains or stand alone without trust domains)
so i am looking aty this application with a view of "hopefully not" breaking it!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:05 am 

I tried a quick migration from ereg to preg_match on lines 388, 392, and 396 in include_functions.php and it would appear that this has done the trick.

Here's the original code:

[code]
if( ereg("Windows", $os) ){
$image="desktop.png";
$title=determine_os($os);
}
if( ereg("Server", $os) ){
$image="server.png";
}
if( ereg("Laptop|Expansion Chassis|Notebook|Sub Notebook|Portable|Docking Station", $system_type) ){
$image="laptop.png";
}
[/code]

Here's the edited code"

[code]
if( preg_match('/Windows/', $os) ){
$image="desktop.png";
}
if( preg_match('/Server/', $os) ){
$image="server.png";
}
if( preg_match('/Laptop|Expansion Chassis|Notebook|Sub Notebook|Portable|Docking Station/', $system_type) ){
$image="laptop.png";
}

[/code]
So far I haven't seen any other "depreciated function" errors running under PHP5.3.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:55 pm 

Thanks Ultimatemike

This script helpfull with me.

Best regard.

Hoavn

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]