Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:23 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:17 am 

hi there:

i was a regular user until just about 2 years ago. i'm now at a new company and am having brain pains trying to remember how to get past a couple of obstacles. i'm using the latest xampp and svn. i can successfully audit the local machine and view the results in ie.

first: when running audit.vbs, i am getting the syntax error on line 126. i saw several mentions here of that error but am not sure that i see a definitive solution. i have moved that line up to 115 and the script will run, but i get no results. i can rem the line out, but of course that doesn't work either. can someone please advise, how do i fix that?

also, once i get past that, does this audit.config look right?[code]audit_location = "l" ( or "l" if the machine doing the auditing is also the web server for OA)
verbose = "y"
online = "yesxml"
strComputer = ""
ie_visible = "n"
ie_auto_submit = "y"
ie_submit_verbose = "n"
ie_form_page = "http://127.0.0.1/open_audit/admin_pc_add_1.php"
non_ie_page = "http://127.0.0.1/open_audit/admin_pc_add_2.php"
nmap_subnet = "192.168.2." ' The subnet you wish to scan
nmap_subnet_formatted = "192.168.002." ' The subnet padded with 0's
nmap_ie_form_page = "http://127.0.0.1/open_audit/admin_nmap_input.php"
nmap_ie_visible = "n"
nmap_ie_auto_close = "y"
nmap_ip_start = 1
nmap_ip_end = 254
nmap_syn_scan = "n" ' Tcp Syn scan
nmap_udp_scan = "n" ' UDP scan
nmap_srv_ver_scan = "n" ' Service version detection.
nmap_srv_ver_int = 0 ' Service version detection intensity level. Values 0-9, 0=fast
input_file = "audit_list.txt"
email_to = ""
email_from = ""
email_server = ""
audit_local_domain = "n"
local_domain = "LDAP://xxx.xxxxxx.com"
hfnet = "n"
Count = 0
number_of_audits = 20
script_name = "audit.vbs"
monitor_detect = "y"
printer_detect = "y"
software_audit = "y"
uuid_type = "uuid"
use_audit_log = "y"[/code]

btw, i'd rather audit the domain, but when i couldn't get that working, i tried an input file. if i can get the domain audit working, i have 2 subnets i need to hit: 192.168.0.x and 192.168.2.x. can i use?:[code]nmap_subnet = "192.168." ' The subnet you wish to scan
nmap_subnet_formatted = "192.168." ' The subnet padded with 0's[/code]

glad to see you guys are still around, and thx!!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:39 am 

My fix for error 126 seems to have been a bad setting in my config file. Since I couldn't find it, the fix for me was deleting everything, redownloading the svn trunk, and starting over. I believe it was the config since I saved a backup and ran it on the new svn only to have it crash again. When I tweaked the config given to me by the svn, it worked fine.

I'm just starting to use these scripts, can't really help you out with troubleshooting yours. I wonder if our config files are what's causing the error 126. Something in the code insisting on it being there and the tutorial viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1464 that guides us to setup doesn't have it?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]