Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:14 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:57 am 

Working with the system and like it...

beyond that here are a few questions:

What is the best way to setup a login script for my domain computers to execute the script..

placing the files in the netlogon fails because there is no write permission to create the failed_audits.txt file
Does it have to create this file?

------- Update ON the Above -----
Used the audit.vbs fix which causes the config file to be where cscript is located not audit.vbs. Once I applied that fix I can run the audit from the readonly folder netlogon if I wish. the log file is created elsewhere on the system not sure where.. my test was with a simple logon.bat and it created the failed_audits.txt where the bat was executed from.
------- End Update --------

Also

If I chose to run this on a simple LAMP Linux install what tools and binaries do I need to place into the web directories to get Nmap and the other tools to work?

Beyond that I really like the system.... Maybe some custom reporting capability but really its pretty darn AWESOME!

Thx

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:44 am 

I was wondering about something else...

we get keys for XP, Office and a few others...

I would love to help find a way to extract keys for Acrobat / Autocad and a few others...

I noticed that it will find some autocad versions in the software list but not all.... thought this was a bit quirky....

but on top of that I would really like the install keys so I can track which box of autocad was used to install which machine. The past administrators didn't label things very well and Now I'm stuck trying figure it out!

Anyway just a thought...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:34 am 
Just a quick reply on the last comment there (I'll try to respond to the others later). We only audit keys that we know how to find. If they encrypt the keys, it becomes very hard for us. So, if you see keys missing, it's probably for that reason.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:39 am 
Site Admin

Maybe try searching your registry for the key (assuming you know it). If it's simply stored in a registry key, tell us which one, and we can incorporate it into the script.

Also, try Googling for a way to find the serial (preferably using VBScript). If you find something, test it, and if it works, let us know, and again, we can incorporate it.

It is a bit difficult when we don't have the software you want the key(s) for, that's why we need you to verify the code you want, actually works.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:00 am 
To use nmap, you should be able to just download nmap and install it on any system. Then use either the nmap.vbs or nmap.sh script to run nmap. Hopefully you can figure out the configuration, otherwise I'll look at it to remind myself :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]