Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:54 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:49 am 

When I click on the user or computer details it just goes to a blank page with the menu's to the left. Is there something I'm missing to get it to show the domain user and computer info?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:11 am 

Go to Admin> Config

Set up the following.

Use LDAP Integration to display user details: (tick) otherwise the LDAP items wont appear on the System Summary page.

LDAP Base DN: (dc=mydomain,dc=com or similar depends on your Active Directory Domain)

This is important, as without this set correctly, you wont look in the correct AD container(s) for your user and computer accounts. This must be the container that contains the subcontainers with Computer and User containers... (err what?!) :wink:

LDAP Connection Server: ( the fqdn of an AD domain controller, myserver.mydomain.com for example)

LDAP Connection User: ( a user that can see the domain, try mydomain\administrator for example)

LDAP Connection Secret: (the above user's password)

Since you get a blank page, chances are its the credentials that are the problem. If you were connecting you would get a Not found in dc=mydomain,dc=local page.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:59 am 

I double checked and made sure all the settings were correct (Added the domain\ to the beginning of the user account) and used the full name of the server in the connection box (server.ad.domain.com). Made sure the FQDN was correct (DC=AD,DC=DOMAIN,DC=COM). It still showing a blank page when I go to the ldap user or computer details. Is there anyway to log what's happening? (Just as an FYI, the computer and user accounts are not in the default AD containers, they are all in custom OU's)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:07 am 

[quote="jpure"]I double checked and made sure all the settings were correct (Added the domain\ to the beginning of the user account) and used the full name of the server in the connection box (server.ad.domain.com). Made sure the FQDN was correct (DC=AD,DC=DOMAIN,DC=COM). It still showing a blank page when I go to the ldap user or computer details. Is there anyway to log what's happening? (Just as an FYI, the computer and user accounts are not in the default AD containers, they are all in custom OU's)

Sounds similar to how my AD is set up.

First make sure you have the latest SVN version, then find the lines ... in ldap_users_details.php

[code]
//domain user fullname and password

$user = $ldap_user;
$secret = $ldap_secret;
//$name="*".$name;
$attributes = array("displayname","description","userprincipalname","homedirectory","homedrive","profilepath","scriptpath","mail","samaccountname","telephonenumber","location","department","sn","badpwdcount");
//$filter = "(&(objectClass=user)(objectCategory=person)((samaccountname=".$name.")(name=".$name.")(displayname=".$name.")(cn=".$name."))";
$filter = "(&(objectClass=user)(objectCategory=person)(|(samaccountname=".$name.chr(42).")(name=".$name.chr(42).")(displayname=".$name.chr(42).")(cn=".$name.chr(42).")))";
//(|(name=$name*)(displayname=$name*)(cn=$name*))

// This throws away some spurious Active Direcrory error related nonsense if you have no phone number or whatever
// should really catch this gracefully
error_reporting(0);

[/code]

Comment out or delete the line..
[code]
error_reporting(0);
[/code]

save the code and reload the page, what do you see?

Change the "server" to ad.domain.com or even domain.com and see if you have more luck. Seems you can connect to the domain directly as well as via a particular server.

Change the container to dc=ad,dc=domain,dc=com (seems PHP is "sometimes" case sensitive, so try everything in lower case).

Change the container to dc=domain,dc=com

Try all of the above, something will click :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:57 am 

BTW if you really want to explore LDAP, use PHPLdapAdmin,

http://wiki.phpldapadmin.info/tiki-index.php ...

(I cant/wont answer any questions regarding this software except to say... it reveals "everything" LDAP related).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:07 am 

I'm having the same issue and I get this:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function ldap_connect() in /var/www/openaudit/ldap_users_details.php on line 71

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:17 am 

Here's the error I get after commenting out that line.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: ldap_connect() in C:\xampp\htdocs\openaudit\ldap_users_details.php on line 71

Edit: Guess I should have read the post above! Macbeth beat me to the punch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:39 am 

I was able to resolve my issue. I had to uncomment the following line in my php.ini

extension=php_ldap.dll

I think in your case Macbeth you'll have to recompile php with LDAP support. I referenced the following info:

http://nz2.php.net/manual/en/ref.ldap.p ... quirements

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:23 am 
If you're using a debian/ubuntu system, just apt-get install php5-ldap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:23 am 

apt-get worked.

thx Guys!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]