Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:10 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: 2 index.php pages
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:58 pm 

Sorry, I can't remember the name of the default page for Open-Audit off the top of my head. In any case, I'd like to create two home pages. One that shows links to the administrative functions (and the other info) that only I will see. The other would be for 'public' view and would just show all the other information (but not the administrative functions). Can someone help me make the appropriate edits?
Thanks,
Jeremy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:50 am 

OK, I think I got it figured out. I have to make an index2.php page that referes to include2.php. In the include2.php file, I remove the Admin menu. Then I have to make a page 2 for each of the other php pages. Then, in each of the *2.php pages (like list_printers2.php), I have to change all references to include "*.php" to include "*2.php".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:18 am 

[quote="JeremySchubert"]OK, I think I got it figured out. I have to make an index2.php page that referes to include2.php. In the include2.php file, I remove the Admin menu. Then I have to make a page 2 for each of the other php pages. Then, in each of the *2.php pages (like list_printers2.php), I have to change all references to include "*.php" to include "*2.php".

Or ... you could check the current user name, and if it is admin* then include the menu etc.

We are looking to add user management in the next release (so far as I remember).

How good are you at coding?

Have a word with Mark if you would like to join the developers, and contribute to the code and development.

:shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:52 am 

Now that's embarrasing :)
I just read through the include_config.php file and I understand what you're saying.
It's us kids that have been brought up with Windows-we expecct a simple gui for everything. But reading through he files really makes better sense.

I'm not a coding guru by any means, but sure, I'd be happy to help.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]