Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:52 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:33 am 

Just a quick question:

I love the way that the SVN system works, however, is it safe to set that up to update the ACTUAL live files? Or should I manually overwrite them? What do you recommend for updating our current installations?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:06 am 
It's all up to you. I keep my svn version in my home directory, and then the live system in /var/www. I have a script that syncs the two :) This way I can check the changes before I put them on the server. Notice that you also have .svn directories from svn. I don't suppose it's an issue having them on the web server, but who knows.

Eventually I would like to move to a release system, so that we don't have everyone updating from SVN and then only support the release system. As is, I try and make it safe to upgrade from SVN at all times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:16 am 

So if we don't do the SVN route, is it save to just manually overwrite all of the files? I know everything is stored in MySQL for the most part, but will any config files be overwritten?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:24 pm 

In the actual SVN we do not distrubute the include_config.php. It will generate during first installion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:11 am 
If you update directly on your files, your changes *should* remain, at least in theory. If you copy and paste the files over yours, you will then have only the code from svn. Like matze said, include_config.php should remain. The config files in the scripts directory will be reverted to the svn versions. So, if you keep those config items there and run audits from that directory, I'd advise you to copy the scripts out of there so that that does not happen.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]