Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:36 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:05 am 

So I'm one step further from yesterday, but now I'm having issues executing audit.vbs. This may be beyond the scope of this bb but i figured I'd ask. Its more of an apache/windows config but here goes...

I'm using the latest svn release and the setup process went swimmingly, then I went to 'audit my machine' and it came up with the plane text of the script. I added

<Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/openaudit/scripts/">
Options +ExecCGI
</Directory>

and

AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl .vbs

to httpd.conf. Now when i audit machine I get:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

with the following in my error logs:
[Wed Oct 25 16:46:16 2006] [error] [client 10.1.20.102] C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/openaudit/scripts/audit.vbs is not executable; ensure interpreted scripts have "#!" first line, referer: xxxxx (edited out)
[Wed Oct 25 16:46:16 2006] [error] [client 10.1.20.102] (9)Bad file descriptor: don't know how to spawn child process: C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/openaudit/scripts/audit.vbs, referer: xxxxx

So I'm assuming apache is not setup to correctly execute vbs' and I can't find any info on that kind of setup. Also, when I try to execute audit.vbs from a command promt I get : Microsoft VBScript runtime error: Input past end of file

my default script host is cscript.exe and other vb scripts run fine on this machine.
Again, I know this is a long shot here but I appretiate the help.

Jared

Last edited by jaredg on Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:27 am 

On a closer look, audit.config is empty after the setup process...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:28 pm 
I'll double check that the setup is not erasing audit.config, because it wasn't designed to...

To answer your other question, the vb script is not meant to be executed server side. The "Audit my Machine" link is very confusing, and if you ask me, should be removed. I would copy the audit.config and audit.vbs files to a directory on your computer and edit audit.config as necessary (there is a FAQ for this). Then open a cmd window and run cscript audit.vbs which should work....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:42 pm 

[quote="mikeyrb"]I'll double check that the setup is not erasing audit.config, because it wasn't designed to...

To answer your other question, the vb script is not meant to be executed server side. The "Audit my Machine" link is very confusing, and if you ask me, should be removed. I would copy the audit.config and audit.vbs files to a directory on your computer and edit audit.config as necessary (there is a FAQ for this). Then open a cmd window and run cscript audit.vbs which should work....

The Audit My machine link is not working, and should be removed. In actual fact it sould be changed to either 1) execute a server side script to audit the machine, or 2) send a script to the host which WILL audit the machine, as I say the current offering simply doesn't work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:05 am 

ok I just had a general misunderstanding of how this worked. I got it going. Very cool stuff. Thanks for all the help.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]