Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:42 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Audit Multiple Domains
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:25 am 

Can Open-AudIT audit multiple domains?

I have a school domain that can only be access by the main domain. As in the school cannot access the main domain due to security restrictions but the main domain as control over the school domain. So is there a way to configure the script to audit the school domain as well as the main domain?

The main domain is auditing correctly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:26 am 
Contributor

The easiest way I can think of is just make a copy of the the script and config and modify it for the other domain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:57 am 

i did that and what happend was it audited the main domain even though i had specified the school domain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:34 pm 

[quote="adavis"]i did that and what happend was it audited the main domain even though i had specified the school domain.

You will need to run the audit of both domains from machines that are members of the domain in question, this is because currently the audit is run as the current user, so obviously is sees only the domain the current user is in. I audit several domains, using a scheduled task which runs a batch file on a Domain Controller in each domain (it could just as easily run from a worksation provided the user running the scheduled task had sufficient rights in that domain).

The trick in my case is to copy the config file to a suitable location on each server along with a copy of the audit.vbs (actually my batch file goes and fetches the latest version from my development box, but that's not really necessary, so long as you are not changing anything in the audit.vbs file)

The batch file lives in c:\Program Files\OpenAudit on each DC along with audit.vbs and audit.config

The scheduled task runs C:\Program Files\OpenAudit\audit.bat and its working folder is C:\Program Files\OpenAudit

audit.bat looks a bit like...

[code]
@echo off
xcopy \\mydevelopmentbox\oa\scripts\audit.vbs .\audit.vbs /y
cscript .\audit.vbs
[/code]

Where \\mydevelopmentbox\oa is a share of the oa folder, readable by the user(s) doing the remote audits.

The task is set to run every 2 hours throughout the day

I may put all of this in a FAQ if you like, but I hope this points you in the right direction. :wink:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]