Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:38 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: svn problem
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:03 am 

so, i followed the instructions in the faq. everything seemed to be running alright until i got an error at the scripts folder, something to the effect of there already being a file with that name. (i can't reproduce cuz 'svn-checkout' is no longer an option). i went into the folder's svn props to try to disassociate the openaudit folder from svn so i could try again, this time saying 'exclude subfolders' (or however it's worded), but i can't figger out how to do that.

can anyone advise?

btw, i'm doing this svn stuff so i can try the export to cvs. (meh, it's export to something, i forget...) in any event: i still...haven't found...what i'm looking foooooor. c'mon, everybody! you all know the words!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:19 am 
If you are doing a checkout, it has to be to an empty folder. This is to prevent data being lost as you checkout files. SVN likes to have its own little managed folder. So if it detects a file in there that it didn't know about, it stops before overwriting it (only occurs for files with same name as a file in the repository). If you remove any files not under svn control, you should be able to do an update, and it should finish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:47 am 

okay, then maybe you could clarify sumpin' for me before i go further and prolly mess everything up...

it appears that i mistakenly assumed that svn would check my openaudit folder, compare it to what's up at sourceforge and update any files that need it. from what you're saying, what i really need to do is set up a dummy folder, svn that, then manually move the updated files over to my real openaudit folder. is that right?

thx!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:58 am 

No.

You intially checkout all the files into a folder containing nothing else. (svn co)

From then on you only need to get subversion to update the files in your folder. (svn up)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:05 am 

ah, so! so...i don't need to initially dl openaudit at all. i only use svn, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:26 am 
Yes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:46 am 

thx again, guys. sorry, but i got a new problem, which has to be related to svn (well, not svn per se, but the builds that are getting downloaded)...

(tiny bit of background: i have not gone into production yet. i have a test box and a clean image so everytime i come at this i'm on a totally clean box). okay, here's what i do:

install xampp
install mysqladmin
install tortoisesvn
reboot
create openaudit folder under htdocs
svn checkout
mysqladmin (localhost, root, no pw)
in firefox, go to 127.0.0.1/openaudit/setup.php (btw, text reads: 'click submit' but button says 'save')
defaults are fine, so i click 'save'
i then get: success, connected, done, done, done. click 'here'
i click 'here'

i then get this:[code]Connecting to localhost as root. Connected.
Setting up data in tables.
Query failed. Query was:
SET PASSWORD FOR 'root'@'%' = OLD_PASSWORD('')[/code]
in mysqladmin, i have tried both 'use old passwords' and leaving unchecked. i get the same result either way.

after that, even though auditing (via a txt file) appears successful, openaudit is empty, as is phpmyadmin.

i had all this working fine before i tried all this fancy latest-build stuff. so...

is there something wonky with the latest builds or am i rushing through a step and forgetting something?

thx!!

edit: i must be forgetting/screwing something, cuz i can't make this thing work at all now, no matter what i do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:38 am 

pardon my bump...

so, i have set up an entirely new test box which is wxp/ie6 (as opposed to w2k3/ff). even on this new box, i still get[code]SET PASSWORD FOR 'root'@'%' = OLD_PASSWORD('')[/code]when using svn.

but i have more info. (maybe i should start a new thread. nah...)

on both boxes, when not using the latest builds via svn, i get[code]Connecting to localhost as root. Connected.
Setting up data in tables.
Query failed. Query was:
INSERT INTO config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('version','06.07.25') [/code]
so, obviously, i'm either futzing something, or maybe windows update has futzed something for me. i'm totally bummed out cuz i had like 2 days of joy then evwerything just inexplicably stopped working for me.

anyone live in los angeles and willing to sit my ass down and show me what i'm doing wrong?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:08 am 
First of all, the line "SET PASSWORD FOR 'root'@'%' = OLD_PASSWORD('')" is unnecessary and can be removed. That should solve your issue with that one.

Second, if I recall correctly, I removed the insert 'version' from setup on the svn builds. This was moved to the scripts/openaudit.sql file. The issue I think you are facing is that the setup code stopped automatically creating the database. This will be fixed when I get the new setup code completed. If you import the openaudit.sql file to MySQL, it should create the necessary tables. Then you can run setup, and all should be well.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]