Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:30 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Setup (newb question)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:07 am 
Helper

I set up a MySQL and Apache2 server on a SUSE box. I am using a laptop loaded with XP SP2 to SSH into the box, and also view everything I need to do, permission/file-wise, and also websites (and etc you get the point). Keep in mind this is only a test box, so I can break it and light it on fire if I really wanted to.

So, I tried to follow the "instructions" as much as possible for the install of this unit (unit=OA). So far, it looks great. By using other information on the forum I was able to make my some of the PHP errors go away. However, I cannot get the audit.vbs to work. When I fire goto scan my own machine it will goto the audit.vbs, and show the VBS file as text in the browser (Firefox). I probably have some kind of awkward configuration going on. My permissions for audit.config are 0644.

I am new to the whole database and auditing thing, so any help is appreciated. Thank you guys for making this and being so supportive, I got a lot of problems fixed because of well explained/detailed fixes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:25 am 
You will need to copy the audit.vbs and audit.config files over to your windows box. I recommend running audit.vbs using cscript (cscript audit.vbs). The vbs file is a vb script, which only runs on windows. The "audit this machine" link is actually quite useless, as the file needs audit.config to actually work. So, give that a try, by default it will audit your local machine (the defaults of audit.config, that is).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:49 am 
Helper

this is what i get when I run cscript through command prompt:
[code]
H:\DeskTop>cscript audit.vbs
Microsoft <R> Windows Script Host Version 5.6
Copyright <C> Microsoft Corporation 1996-2001. All rights reserved.

H:\DeskTop\audit.vbs<26, 1> Microsoft VBScript runtime error: File not found
[/code]

So I took a peak at the file using the graphical Cscript program.

Here is what it is looking at:
[code]
' Below calls the file audit_include.vbs to setup the variables.
ExecuteGlobal CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject").OpenTextFile("audit.config").ReadAll
[/code]

I think I screwed something up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:51 am 
Make sure audit.config is in the same directory, and that your current working path contains audit.config.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]