Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:15 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: multiple locations
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:58 am 

I tried to add multiple locations. I found import_locations.xls file but it didn't work - without any error message. Are there any limitations to this or should I use other format? I'm trying to import few hundreds of locations.
Second question - is there a way to discover/audit devices in those locations by crontab just like via gui ? I couldn't find this option in script but it would be really very useful for me

Post subject: Re: multiple locations
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:07 am 

The database schema has been going through some changes lately and it doesn't look like the import_*.xls files have been updated to match. You should be able to get it to work by removing "location_" from each of the column headers. So it will just have "name,type,room...etc". The template is also missing some columns that are available in the table. See database schema if you want them all.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:29 am 

OK Thanks this helped.
Now I have imported my locations but how do I audit them on regular basis. I have 400+ locations and 500+ networks in them
(for start). When I run discover_subnet.sh or discover_subnet_crone.sh even hosts discovered before go to default location. Is there a way to put them where I want.
I'm trying to get open-audit working in quite big enviroment - will it be possible to make it working ?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:29 am 

That's a lot of locations and networks and beyond my experience level with Open Audit. You'll need to contact Opmantek if you need a better answer. With that number of devices I think I would want to be under official support of Opmantek. Alternatively, OpenAudit is open source so you should be able to read the source to figure out what is going on. Start small. Work you way up. Find and fix problems as you run into them. Report your fixes back upstream so you don't have to maintain them yourself.

That said - location is not included in the audit results by any of the discover_* or audit_* scripts. But it will be inserted if you include the location_id value for your location in the <sys> section of the audit data. It should not be overwritten on subsequent audits but should get updated if it changes in the audit data.

Determine your location_id value by reading the oa_location.id value for your location from the database. You can also view the location in OpenAudit and the id is the number at the end of the URL.

You'll need to edit your discover and audit scripts to include the location_id value in the <sys> section of the audit output data. With that number of locations you should add it as a parameter to the script.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:40 am 
Site Admin

You can set your preferred location and org in the GUI for a Discovery. You can use Open-AudIT Enterprise to schedule your discovery runs. You can also automate your discovery runs using a script. More details on the wiki.

https://community.opmantek.com/display/OA/Home

You sound like a great candidate to be under a support agreement but as JPA says, it's open source so if you can support yourself then we're fine with that as well :-)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]