Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:49 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:31 pm 

Hi,

We currently use Open Audit to gather a list of software installed on our PCs. From that, we export the data to CSV and run a script which compares this with a CSV or allowed software, which spits out another CSV containing issues/offending software and also version mismatches.

I want to try and streamline this process as much as possible. Ideally, I would like to create a custom report which gathers the system/software data and compares this to allowed software list (which will be imported into SQL). If this cannot be done, I will just use the system/software data and modify our current script.

So after all that, my question is has someone done something similar to this? Or is there a report available that can give me something like this? I have had a look around and cannot find anything like this.

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:25 am 

Sure this is possible.
All you need is SQL-Query that does exactly what you want.
If you can get your Data through SQL, the rest is peace of cake.
Just edit your Query in your Open Audit Report and select the Results.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]