Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:04 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:11 am 
Helper

Thanks for all your hard work. Open Audit 2 just keeps getting better and better.

Auditing: 366 Machines (XP/Win7/Ubuntu)
LDAP: Active Directory

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:53 am 

Is there any plans of re-introducing the software register? That is one aspect of OAv1 that my company used quite a bit and I need to try and add that feature into OAv2. I think it only really needs one column addition that allows for the recording of how many were Purchased. Eventually it could also include purchased date and add license and such from the OAv1 software register.

How would I go about adding this feature? Along with the table edit, I would have to modify the software model and controller... It might be easier just to add a new table like OAv1 had....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:23 am 
Site Admin

I definitely have plans to re-introduce Software Asset Management.
It is quite detailed though...
Don't worry it's "on the list" :-)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:24 pm 

Loving the new update Mark, thanks very much.

Small question I can't see answered anywhere else, I'm adding in jpg's of all the missing models we have such as Latitude E5500 and PowerEdge R300's. I've named them latitude_E5500.jpg and poweredge_R300.jpg but can't get them to show on the device summary page.

Also tried naming them a few different things like poweredge_300.jpg etc. but that didn't work either.

Any pointers as to where this information is grabbed from so I don't have to come asking for each different model?

Mark

1539 devices[/color]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:14 am 

I'm pretty sure it's just lowercase "model" with spaces to underscores.

So probably latitude_e5500.jpg and poweredge_r300.jpg

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:58 pm 

Thanks jpa.

Must have been tired last night as one had an upper case letter and another was .jpeg :oops:

[quote="jpa"]I'm pretty sure it's just lowercase "model" with spaces to underscores.

So probably latitude_e5500.jpg and poweredge_r300.jpg

1539 devices[/color]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:02 am 

What's the [code]self_delete = "n"[/code] for in the next audit_windows.vbs?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:30 pm 

Very minor issue: When running the report Audit Dates then First Audited & Last Audited dates do not sort.

Also have a few audits failing at the stage "Network Printers". Happy to provide any debugging as required.

Windows 7 last logged on user - intermittently gets the domain user (this has already been covered above)

Edit: should say I'm on Beta 4.

Cheers,
Gareth

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:36 pm 

I get an error on submitting some audits to OAv2 beta4 server:

[code]PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function update_system_groups() on a non-object in [..]\\oa2\\code_igniter\\system\\application\\controllers\\system.php on line 159
PHP Stack trace:
PHP 1. {main}() [..]\\oa2\\index.php:0
PHP 2. require_once() [..]\\oa2\\index.php:118
PHP 3. call_user_func_array() [..]\\oa2\\code_igniter\\system\\codeigniter\\CodeIgniter.php:236
PHP 4. System->add_system() [..]\\oa2\\code_igniter\\system\\codeigniter\\CodeIgniter.php:0[/code]

EDIT: $this->load->model("m_oa_group"); should be done before $this->m_oa_group->update_system_groups($printer);

Last edited by mindugo on Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:22 pm 

unset($details['org_name']); is missing in \oa2\code_igniter\system\application\controllers\admin_system.php

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:35 am 

Hi,

I have successfully configured OAv2 beta 4 on linux ubuntu 10.04 but have few questions.

I need to remove the demo data, how would I do this as on the previous version there is an option to delete the audited system individually.

Also while browsing the site remotely, using IE8, I am unable to see the menu on the left once you select a system. On the other hand while accessing the site on the localhost, I can see the menu but unable to expand the software or the system menu

PLease advise

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:09 pm 

Beta4 or OA version 1.. Can anybody tell which has more features as of now? I am not looking for the list of changes from V1 to V2 but which version is more feature rich and show cases OA capabilities? Is it the OAV2 beta 4 or OA version 1? I know that the version 2 is under development , hence the question.

Thank you.

Deepak

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:40 am 
Site Admin

[quote]I need to remove the demo data, how would I do this as on the previous version there is an option to delete the audited system individually.

View the individual system. Set it to Deleted.

[quote]Also while browsing the site remotely, using IE8, I am unable to see the menu on the left once you select a system. On the other hand while accessing the site on the localhost, I can see the menu but unable to expand the software or the system menu.
Will look into this.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:43 am 
Site Admin

[quote]Beta4 or OA version 1.. Can anybody tell which has more features as of now? I am not looking for the list of changes from V1 to V2 but which version is more feature rich and show cases OA capabilities? Is it the OAV2 beta 4 or OA version 1? I know that the version 2 is under development , hence the question.

Open-AudIT does have rudimentary Software Licensing and is older - hence more stable.
OAv2 has better code quality, better user seperation (user -> groups), uses newer libraries (CodeIgniter, jQuery), has better item change detection, has easier report creation, has groups of systems.

OAv2 is being developed. Open-AudIT is not.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:43 pm 

So my understanding is :- all the basic functionality of OA v1 is in OA V2 with some additional features in OAV2 like groups. But the OAV1 is tested and hence more stable.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next