Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:48 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:50 am 

Hi all,

We run OA twofold: on login, and also pushed weekly to domain computers. This has proven to be a great catch-all for information.

I recently updated the login script's instance of the audit script to populate system_description not from the computer's description, but rather the logging-in user's full domain name (e.g. Hamm, Doug). This works wonders for various reports like the software registry since our computernames are too cryptic to make out someone's name. Love it!

But the weekly domain push overwrites this change because it populates that database field with the domain name of our local admin account that the script is run as. D'oh.

Basically what I want to do is omit any updating of system_description from the domain instance of my login script. We're using the default XML form and looking at the script, it's not clear to me what needs to be commented out or edited in order to *not* update that field in OA. A well-placed comment will blank it out, but I don't want it blank...I simply don't want it modified.

Help?

-Doug

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:21 am 
Site Admin

Have you tried OAv2?
This should work as you want it to, out of the box...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:33 am 

Hi Mark,

No, not yet. OA is an integral piece of our infrastructure lifecycle but we're midstream in too many projects for me to look at the new version; even if I did I couldn't introduce it in production in beta form. Any way in version 1?

Or I suppose another question : does anyone know how to kick off the domain audit script as the locally-logged on user rather than a single local administrator account? I suppose that'd solve it too!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:15 am 

Open-AudIT Version 10.09.01 when tried to issue this command
./audit_linux.sh -nRs 192.168.0.17 -u root -U http://192.168.0.13/open-audit/trunk/admin_pc_add_2.php
and when tried to go to Queries -> All Audited Systems under "List all Systems" page OS Arch column has no entry. Do please help me to figure out where to config or edit files for me to have the arch values be populated to system table system_os_arch fieldname

Your help is very much appreciated.

Thanks

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]