Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:47 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Beta1 released
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:52 am 
Helper

Sounds great, thanks! Now a couple more things after playing with it a little more:

1) I know this was covered before, but Office 2010 keys only show up on my 32 bit machines, not my 64 bit ones.

2) When I create a group, it works fine if I use your group builder pull downs, but if I create one using SQL, a lot of the time it doesn't seem to read every thing I typed, and then I get a bunch of errors, but when I read the SQL error it is because some of the statement I wrote wasn't included. If I keep editing the group and playing with the spacing in the statement it will work after awhile, but it seems very picky.

3) Also with the groups, for the pull downs it would be great if there were more options for the evaluators. You have equals and like, but it would be cool to have, greater then, less then, not equals, and whatnot.

Other then those small issues we are vary happy with the beta! Great Job! We love all the new normalization of the tables.

-Shmee

Auditing: 366 Machines (XP/Win7/Ubuntu)
LDAP: Active Directory

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:30 pm 

why isnt last logged on user on the mainlist anymore? that was always VERY nice to have to find an users pc very fast.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:07 am 

Just wondering, is there an svn repository somewhere where I can get the bleeding edge version instead of https://launchpad.net/oav2/trunk/beta1which is now I'm guessing out of date?

I'm not particularly bothered if it breaks now and then as this is a test environment to make sure v2 works ok here.

Ta,

Mark

1539 devices[/color]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:52 am 
Site Admin

Last Logged On User is in the Windows XP group by default. Other groups use the "standard" list of attributes. You can always alter the group you are concerned with...

Go to Admin -> Groups -> List Groups and then Export the relevant group to XML.
Edit the columns displayed - (you may want to export the Windows XP group for reference).
Import the group by Admin -> Group -> Import Group.
Abracadabra - whatever column you want !

I'd suggest saving the exported group before altering it - just save the original XML so you can import it back if your changed group is borked...

Also, I'd suggest changing the name of the group (at least initially). OAv2 will accept groups with the same name - but obviously it makes it more unintuitive to use.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:54 am 
Site Admin

[quote]Just wondering, is there an svn repository somewhere where I can get the bleeding edge version

Short answer - no.
Most of the time my (development) version is borked !!!
You're MUCH better off to wait until an actual release - it will be at least basically tested and working.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:23 am 

just downloaded the new beta of OAV2. My question is : is there an upgrade db script required or can the existing database be used? I installed the latest with a fresh db but was just wondering if I could import all the earlier data into the new db or if it is even required.

thanx.. the new version looks good ..

Hosted on CentOS 5.8 (Apache 2.2.2x+MySQL 5.x.x+PHP 5.2.x)
Auditing on WAN :
~2 Windows Servers (2K3 R2)
~15 Workstations (XP SP2/3)
~42 Linux Servers
~10 Apple OSX mac-minis
~1 Apple OSX iMac
~2 Apple MacPro
~9 Apple MacBook Pros

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2