Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:34 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:32 am 

I'm not really sure what's going on. The test script I gave you is doing exactly what the audit.vbs does except that it automatically determines local_domain. Since this works the audit.vbs should work. I guess I would double check that the audit.config files you're editing is the one audit.vbs is using. Is the audit.config file located in the same directory as the audit.vbs? I'm running out of ideas.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:57 am 

jpa I appreciate your help!

I know I have been trying all sort of things and not go. The audit.config.defult & audit.vbs are in the same folder openaudit/scripts.

As I said ether Serv2008 issue or I am doing something wrong. btw..never had an issue when I first installed OA on Win 2003 Serv last year.

--i

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:21 am 

[quote="LimeTech"]The audit.config.defult & audit.vbs are in the same folder openaudit/scripts.

The audit.vbs file gets its configuration information from audit.config. If you're really editing audit.config.defaults then you need to copy this file to audit.config and see if that helps.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:30 pm 

"audit.vbs(429, 3) Provider: Table does not exist" (Looks like there is a missing table in mysql)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:52 pm 
Site Admin

The VBscript doesn't talk to MySQL - it talks to a web page.

Looks like the script is attempting to query a WMI table that does not exist.
What is the section of the script querying ?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:06 am 

The "audit.vbs(XXX, X) Provider: Table does not exist" error is thrown when the audit.vbs script can't successfully query the Active Directory due to incorrect local_domain config setting. There may be other reasons but an incorrect local_domain is guaranteed to do this.

LimeTech: Do you have a properly configured audit.config file in the same directory as audit.vbs? Audit.config and not audit.config.defaults?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:09 am 

I reinstalled OA on Win 2003Std server and ran cscript audit.vbs --Works great with no issues.
I don't care much about the server version at this point, I just needed OA to work.

Thank you everyone for being a great help!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:24 am 

Great! Although I did test a domain audit from a Server 2008 R2 box and it worked so I'm not sure if that was the root problem or not.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2