Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:18 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: OAv2
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:17 pm 

[quote]Can I ask why you use CSV export ?

I built a lot of my own queries based on our task at hand. Being able to bring a report into excel and work off of it was invaluable.
example: We migrated DNS servers. I created a query that listed computer name, IP address, DNS1-3, and WINS1-2. I could export to CSV, identify the ones that needed manual correction, and delegate lists to employees for remediation.

[quote]If anyone wants to contribute a logo, feel free.
My wife is a Graphic Designer. I've been searching for some way that we can contribute to this software. I think we just found it. :D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:44 am 
Site Admin

[quote]I built a lot of my own queries based on our task at hand. Being able to bring a report into excel and work off of it was invaluable.
example: We migrated DNS servers. I created a query that listed computer name, IP address, DNS1-3, and WINS1-2. I could export to CSV, identify the ones that needed manual correction, and delegate lists to employees for remediation.

I wonder how close OAv2 will work for you "out of the box"... Groups have some things I haven't made a front end for, as yet. One of them is the ability to specify (on a per Group basis) which columns you would like to display on the "List" type pages. It would be easy to create a Group containing every device (or every Windows system), that displays those columns (DNS1, 2, WINs, etc).
[quote]My wife is a Graphic Designer. I've been searching for some way that we can contribute to this software. I think we just found it.
Sweet - I'd prefer it in SVG format (if possible). Post it here and we can all take a look !!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:24 am 

Hi Mark, I'm Lacey...the wife and Graphic Designer. I tried to send you a PM so this thread wouldn't get too off topic. Just wanted to introduce myself and create a direct point of contact in case you need it. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:44 am 

Great work so far.
Here are some things I'd like to see...

1. I think that it'd be beneficial to have a better donation mechanism. Something like a graph that shows a target goal and brief explanation of the goal. List top contributors etc, put this information on the main page so that it can't be missed.

2. Regarding OAV2 I have tested it out and like how you have leveraged jquery. Having used jquery in OAV1 to make ajax enabled tabular data as opposed to HTML tables I think that OAV2 can benefit from leveraging jquery + extjs to provide newer modern front end.

Let me show you an example:
I used jquery + jqgrid [url]http://trirand.com/blog/jqgrid/jqgrid.html[/url] but extjs [url]http://www.extjs.com/[/url] offers more functionality such as exporting to csv. ExtJS & JQGRID have an Open Source License.
You can easily search/re-order columns, resize columns, have multiple grid, have actions such as populate a second grid upon clicking on a cell on the first grid. As you can see you can also have footer data. It's Excel on steroids, I think a full blown implementation of this would blow out the current front end that you have for OAV2 now. Plus you can use JQUERY Themeroller.... If you want I can provide more functionality samples. Hope that this example can give you some ideas. And if I can make myself useful don't hesitate to let me know.

Attachments:
File comment: Screenshot of Jquery + Jqgrid
Screenshot A grid built using Jquery + Jqgrid + PHP

sample.png
sample.png [ 57.35 KiB | Viewed 7139 times ]
File comment: this is the javascript required to build a Grid + Subgrid, I did not supply the PHP as it's not really relevant.
store_master_detail.js [3.81 KiB]
Downloaded 446 times
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:32 am 

Hi wnyhelpdesk, i like that revolutionairy style !!

LDAP: AD[/size]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:51 pm 

Good afternoon,

I am using Openaudit and it Works very well . I am interested in making several changes, but when I verify the structure of the application I get confused, I want to create an option for audit.vbs so that it verifies the profiles that are in “documents and settings” and at the same time creates a list and adds it to the PC information. I have almost finished it but I have used the same table from pagefile.

How I can get the created list to be saved on a new table?

Thank you very much for your attention.

audit.vbs

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
' Pagefile information '
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
comment = "Pagefile Info"
Echo(comment)
On Error Resume Next

Set colItems = objWMIService.ExecQuery("Select * from Win32_PageFile",,48)
For Each objItem in colItems
form_input = "pagefile^^^" & clean(objItem.Name) & "^^^" & clean(objItem.InitialSize) & "^^^" & clean(objItem.MaximumSize) & "^^^"
entry form_input,comment,objTextFile,oAdd,oComment
form_input = ""
Next

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Const USER_PROFILE = &H28&
Dim objFolder, numSize

Set WSHNetwork = WScript.CreateObject ("WScript.Network")
Set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")
Set objFolder = objShell.Namespace(USER_PROFILE)
Set objFolderItem = objFolder.Self

Carpeta = "c:\Documents and Settings"

Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set objFolder = objFSO.GetFolder(Carpeta)
Set colSubfolders = objFolder.Subfolders
for Each objsubFolder in colSubfolders
FileSize = int(objsubFolder.Size/1048576)
MaxFileSize = int(objsubFolder.Size/1048576)
form_input = "pagefile^^^" & objsubFolder.Name & "^^^" & FileSize & "^^^" & MaxFileSize & "^^^"
form_input = ""
Next

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
' Motherboard information '
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
comment = "Motherboard Info"
Echo(comment)
On Error Resume Next

Set colItems = objWMIService.ExecQuery("Select * from Win32_BaseBoard",,48)
Manufacturer = clean(objItem.Manufacturer)
Product = clean(objItem.Product)
Next
' Counting CPU sockets
Set colItems = objWMIService.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM Win32_Processor",,48)
SocketDesignation = ""
CpuSockets = 0
For Each objItem In colItems
If Instr(SocketDesignation, objItem.SocketDesignation) = 0 Then
CpuSockets = CpuSockets + 1
SocketDesignation = SocketDesignation & objItem.SocketDesignation
End If
Next
' Counting RAM slots
Set colItems = objWMIService.ExecQuery("Select MemoryDevices FROM Win32_PhysicalMemoryArray ",,48)
MemorySlots = objItem.MemoryDevices
Next

form_input = "motherboard^^^" & Manufacturer & "^^^" & Product & "^^^" & CpuSockets & "^^^" & MemorySlots & "^^^"
form_input = ""

system_viewdef_os.php

"perfiles"=>array(
"headline"=>__("Perfiles"),
"sql"=>"SELECT * FROM pagefile WHERE pagefile_uuid = '".$_REQUEST["pc"]."' AND pagefile_name NOT LIKE '%pagefile.sys%' AND pagefile_timestamp = '".$GLOBAL["system_timestamp"]."' ORDER BY pagefile_name",
"image"=>"images/shared_drive_l.png",
"table_layout"=>"horizontal",
"fields"=>array("10"=>array("name"=>"pagefile_name", "head"=>__("Name"),),
"20"=>array("name"=>"pagefile_initial_size", "head"=>__("Initial Size"),),
"30"=>array("name"=>"pagefile_max_size", "head"=>__("Maximum Size"),),
),
),

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4