Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:38 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: User Level Access
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:23 am 

I am looking at using OA in a corporate environment. In order for this application to be viable I need to get a few answers to a couple of questions

1) Is there currently any user level administration available. We will require the need to be able to grant certain people user level access and other people admin level.

2) Is it possible to run the application either via MS SQL DB or Oracle DB. We have both environments available, however I would be hard pressed to get my management to go for implementing a new database system just for one corporate application.

3) Is there any support for auditing Unix systems? We have multiple unix systems we would like to be able to include them in the audits?

If these are possible than thats great and I can continue my eval of this great system.. otherwise it will be my little secret until maybe the next version of OA. I would like to say though that OA is very usefull

Post subject: Re: User Level Access
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:01 pm 
Site Admin

1 - not in Open-AudIT. There most definitely is in the as yet unreleased OAv2.
2 - Not in Open-AudIT. OAv2 uses the database abstraction built into the CodeIgniter PHP framework, so converting from MySQL to any other DB should be trivial.
3 - Only linux at this stage. Personally, I don't at present have access to any Unix systems. I have had (at various employers) access to HP-UX and AIX.

When will OAv2 be available and complete - unknown at this stage. Hopefully there will be a pre-alpha available late June (one year since I announced it). Check the OAv2 threads for more details. If people think Open-AudIT is good, OAv2 is gonna blow them away.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:13 pm 
Open-AudIT Fellow

[quote="Cdntech"]1) Is there currently any user level administration available. We will require the need to be able to grant certain people user level access and other people admin level.

If you enable LDAP login, you can control admin/user level access populating $admin_list and $user_list arrays in the include_config.php file. User denied pages are listed in the $user_deny_pages array in include_ldap_login.php.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:54 pm 

[quote="ef"][quote="Cdntech"]1) Is there currently any user level administration available. We will require the need to be able to grant certain people user level access and other people admin level.

If you enable LDAP login, you can control admin/user level access populating $admin_list and $user_list arrays in the include_config.php file. User denied pages are listed in the $user_deny_pages array in include_ldap_login.php.

Well, it seems to be a good way to solve the user access control issue for open audit.
I'll try later to see the result.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]