Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:39 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Nagios + Open-audit
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:46 am 

As always when I post... thanks for a great product :-) I have introduced it now in 3 jobs and each time has been a resounding success !!!

So, onto my question/discussion point. I am using nagios as my monitoring system, and I want to start using a SOA approach to my information. As such, I have linked our cacti through to our hosts using the variables of http:/cacti.local.com/%computername%. I would like to do something similar with my open-audit installation so that we can get the needed information on each server, without manually coding in 900 servers. As such, I was hoping for some guidence about the UUID setting. Is it possible for that to be the computer name of the server? Nagios has the server name (but not the mac address) of the servers. As such, I can pass the variable of the computer name throuhg, and then have a self populating address with little work on my part.

Also, the second question is... Is there the capability to run Open-Audit against just a list of machines, not scanning domains? Once again, the reason being that the nagios servers are all we will care about, and they are the ones that will HAVE to be kept up to date and verified... I can hack the VBscript, but if someone has already done the work.... :-) Thanks ahead of time

Post subject: Re: Nagios + Open-audit
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:22 am 
Site Admin

[quote]As such, I was hoping for some guidence about the UUID setting. Is it possible for that to be the computer name of the server?

In the "audit.config" file, check the uuuid_type variable. Set it to "name". Should do the trick.
[quote]Also, the second question is... Is there the capability to run Open-Audit against just a list of machines, not scanning domains?
Well, it definitley USED to be possible. Can't say I've tried it for a couple of years now. In the scripts directory, have a look at the "pc_file_list.txt" file. In the "audit.config" file, look at the input_file variable.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]