Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:45 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:34 pm 

Is there a way to turn off the domain name in front of the username? ex. DOMAINusername

My results vary.. Some come up with the domain name in front of the username and some don't. I don't need it

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:02 am 
Helper

I realize this is somewhat of an old post, but I would rather see it as "domain\username" - much easier to read. It used to be this way, but something has changed.

LDAP: Windows Server 2003 Active Directory

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:03 am 

ok but for my application I need it removed.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:10 pm 

[quote="BillyBojangles"]ok but for my application I need it removed.

:D OK Put in a feature request to make it optional with a switch on the setup page, and we will look at doing this as soon as pos.
BTW. You could save me a lot of sniffing about, by letting me know where all we need to make this change. i.e. where does the domain\user appear. Thanks.

[size=85]OA Server: Windows XP/ XAMPP, Mandriva/Apache, Ubuntu
Auditing: 300+ Wstns, 20+ Srvrs, Thin clients, Linux boxes, Routers, etc
OS's: Windows XP , W2K Srvr, W2K3 Srvr, W2K8, Vista, Windows 7, Linuxes (and a Mac at home)
LDAP: Active Directory[/size]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:05 am 

I find that the domain name in front of the username can come in handy when you are Auditing multiple domains but I'm sure that making the domain part optional would be a nice feature for a lot of people.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:18 am 
Helper

[quote="BillyBojangles"]ok but for my application I need it removed.

It might be nice to have this as an optional feature, but realize that most people like to have the domain name in there, as many of us do have multiple domains. Also, if the domain name is visible, it would be of interest to a lot of us if someone was logging in with a local user account rather than a domain account. Without the domain name visible, it would be impossible to determine this.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:08 am 

[quote="A_Hull"]
BTW. You could save me a lot of sniffing about, by letting me know where all we need to make this change. i.e. where does the domain\user appear. Thanks.

For my setup I like having a \ between domain and username. I could achieve this by putting a \ in the net_user_name field in the system table. I couldn't figure out how to actually make it happen through the code, but I did find where it puts it in.

In the file admin_pc_add_2.php on line 423. Hope that helps and saves some time.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:08 pm 

[quote="qc_metal"]

It might be nice to have this as an optional feature, but realize that most people like to have the domain name in there, as many of us do have multiple domains. Also, if the domain name is visible, it would be of interest to a lot of us if someone was logging in with a local user account rather than a domain account. Without the domain name visible, it would be impossible to determine this.

I understand what you’re saying and I am one of those "most people". I am running this in a large corporation that has about 300,000 machines, 95,000 network users, 4 domain and about 50 OU's... Literary! granted I'm only scanning a few of the OU's with this tool.. But here I don't need to know what domain the user is logged into because there are NO local user accounts so that's a none issue for me.

The problem I have with the DOMAIN in front of the username is an error that says "Not found in OU=OU,DC=DOMAIN,DC=org". .. If the Domain name is NOT there it pull all the info from AD just fine..

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:13 am 

BillBojangles , just a thought, what if we show username@domain as opposed to DOMAIN\Username would this work with your setup?

OS's: Windows XP , W2K Srvr, W2K3 Srvr, W2K8, Vista, Windows 7, Linuxes (and a Mac at home)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:13 am 
Helper

How about an option to choose:
* 'username' --> Username with no domain
* 'domain\username' --> Username with domain
* 'username@domain --> Username @ domain

???

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:30 am 

As long as it pulls the info from AD i'm happy. ..

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:36 am 

I am also having the same issue as BillyBojangles. Having the option to remove the domain would be ideal (along with different options). But for right now if there a way to remove it completely.

Someone did this in a previous post but I am unable to find where to make the change.

[url]http://www.open-audit.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1152&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a[/url]

Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:18 am 

I was having the same issue.. I fixed it by editing the audit.vbs script...

Original code:
[code]form_input = "system01^^^" & clean(net_ip_address) & "^^^" & clean(net_domain) _
& "^^^" & clean(net_user_name) & "^^^" & clean(net_client_site_name) _
& "^^^" & clean(Replace(net_domain_controller_address, "\\", "")) & "^^^" & clean(Replace(net_domain_controller_name, "\\", "")) & "^^^"
[/code]

Modified Code:
[code]form_input = "system01^^^" & clean(net_ip_address) & "^^^" & clean(net_domain) _
& "^^^" & clean(Replace(net_user_name,"\", "\\")) & "^^^" & clean(net_client_site_name) _
& "^^^" & clean(Replace(net_domain_controller_address, "\\", "")) & "^^^" & clean(Replace(net_domain_controller_name, "\\", "")) & "^^^"
[/code]

Notice I added a "replace" function on the username variable... This replaced the single slash with a double slash which php interprets as a single slash...

Re-ran the audit and works great... This is only viable if you want the DOMAIN\username format... You could use a "right" function along with a "findstr" function to capture only the username...

Note to Author, I think this double slash should become a part of the script permenantly since the username with the domain but no slash is useless to everyone...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:47 am 

Added this mod to SVN at 937 Thanks :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:29 am 
Helper

This is working fine for me, thanks for the code!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next