Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:26 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Newbie ask
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:06 pm 

how can my open audit do discovered my computer on network ?
i have open audit install on linux web server, but i run audit.vbs on my window machine
i have about 200 computer.

can open audit discovered my computer without i have to run audit.vbs on each my computer network couse i working in large area factory ?

so i wanna just sit a open audit grab my network machine automatic, can it happen ? if not how the solution ?

sorry my english bad

Post subject: Re: Newbie ask
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:20 am 

It can happen, but it is a lot easier if the computers are part of a domain.

If so, then look at the FAQs to see how to audit your domain. You only need to run adudit.vbs from
one machine as a domain admin and it will audit the entire domain. You can of course post the results back to the Linux box.

If your machines are not part of a domain, then you will need to audit them individually, but you can do this by using a text file with a list of PCs in it, and this still allows you to run the entire audit from one PC one windows PC on the network, and post back to your Linux box.

Again, have alook through the forums to see how to do this, you will find lots of good tips here.

If you are struggling, let us know. Post your problem in the support forum and we will be glad to assist.

[size=85]OA Server: Windows XP/ XAMPP, Mandriva/Apache, Ubuntu
Auditing: 300+ Wstns, 20+ Srvrs, Thin clients, Linux boxes, Routers, etc
OS's: Windows XP , W2K Srvr, W2K3 Srvr, W2K8, Vista, Windows 7, Linuxes (and a Mac at home)
LDAP: Active Directory[/size]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]