Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:32 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:46 pm 

Hi,

I have a WMI collection program that operates much like OpenAudit, which runs at my whim. We can do the WOL / WMI and the remote shutdown via this, letting me get an at-this-moment scan, regardless of the PC's current state.

I've pushed the OpenAudit vbs script via Novell, which runs on restart. It's pretty good for hardware inventory and such, but since i've already got the WLMWMIRS.exe going, I'd like for it to spit its results into OA, as well.

I can do a hack and inject them directly into the fields of the MySQL db, but is there a slicker way?

If i get this working to my satisfaction, i'd be glad to share my code.

Thanks for a great product.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:57 am 

We probably only neeed to modify two files, the audit.vbs script to include the WMI code you use, and also the admin_pc_add_2.php page to accept the new input from your modified audit.vbs

What exactly do you want to inject back to the MySQL database? We may need additional tables for your results, in which case we also need to modify the open_audit.sql file to create the tables on first install (this is in the scripts folder), and upgrade.php to add any new fields to existing installations.

[size=85]OA Server: Windows XP/ XAMPP, Mandriva/Apache, Ubuntu
Auditing: 300+ Wstns, 20+ Srvrs, Thin clients, Linux boxes, Routers, etc
OS's: Windows XP , W2K Srvr, W2K3 Srvr, W2K8, Vista, Windows 7, Linuxes (and a Mac at home)
LDAP: Active Directory[/size]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:01 am 

[quote="A_Hull"]We probably only need to modify two files, the audit.vbs script to include the WMI code you use, and also the admin_pc_add_2.php page to accept the new input from your modified audit.vbs

I'd much rather modify my code since i can 'aim' the wmi app toward a lab, or subnet, for example. I don't have quite the same level of magic with Novell/Zen as you would with Active Directory in that regard. I'd like to keep the OA install as close to the release code as possible.

[quote="A_Hull"]
What exactly do you want to inject back to the MySQL database? We may need additional tables for your results, in which case we also need to modify the open_audit.sql file to create the tables on first install (this is in the scripts folder), and upgrade.php to add any new fields to existing installations.

The code currently spits out a .csv file with pretty much the same fields. I was about to start with code to update the fields in the OA Mysql Database; I just wondered if you guys had an easier way.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]