Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:42 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:03 am 

First off I would like to thank everyone in this project. I have been playing around using it at various companies since the beginning of Winventory and I have always been nothing but blown away by how good it looks and how well it works. So a big *THANK YOU*

Now for some questions :-)

Im trying to use this to inventory my entire network, so first thing I tried was just making an IP list of all our IPs on the network. I run the workstations IP ranges by day and the server ranges at night. Works well. Then I thought, hey... lets try to get everything inventoried... so now Im playing around with the NMAP function. Here are my questions. Does it do an OS fingerprint when it runs? Also, It is pickingup IP addresses that I already have in the database as servers, and then marking them unknown... how do I change that? Also, how are the icons controlled? So many questions. I thought there used to be an NMAP FAQ, but I can't seem to find it. I am using a fairly recent SVN release... so any help would be greatfully accepted. Thanks again folks

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:38 pm 

First off, many thanks for the positive feedback. Its good to know our efforts are appreciated. 8)

I agree the nmap routine does have a few quirks, and I must admit I haven't delved too deep in to its workings recently, I set it going over a year ago, and it "just worked" so I left it at that.

I will be looking again, because I am working on the diagram export functions, and I need better results for the pictures.

As to the pictures themselves there is a function in include functions which does most of the work, and this is where I have been concentrating my efforts.

In the short term I simply duplicated this function to use it for the diagrams, but I intend if I have the time to make it more sophisticated, so watch this space.

More from me on Monday or Tues when I have the time.

[size=85]OA Server: Windows XP/ XAMPP, Mandriva/Apache, Ubuntu
Auditing: 300+ Wstns, 20+ Srvrs, Thin clients, Linux boxes, Routers, etc
OS's: Windows XP , W2K Srvr, W2K3 Srvr, W2K8, Vista, Windows 7, Linuxes (and a Mac at home)
LDAP: Active Directory[/size]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]