Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:13 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:43 am 
Helper

I was wondering if there was a way to export the information into a log file. I know I can simply list the audited systems and then print them out, but is there anything else out there, for this? Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:02 am 

You can export each view into csv. Please look at the bottom of each page.

But you can also write a sql-query direkt in the MySQL-Database.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:22 am 
Helper

I do not see a link to export to csv in any file. Which table contains the audit information and what would I have to do to write a sql-query directly to the database?

Thanks!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:05 am 

[quote="harner"]I do not see a link to export to csv in any file. Which table contains the audit information and what would I have to do to write a sql-query directly to the database?

Thanks!!!

You need the latest version from SVN for this, see elsewhere in these posts for how to get this.... Think I'll need to put that info. in the FAQs! :wink:

To export the data you can use PhpMyAdmin (which is installed with Xampp) or MySQL itself, or ODBC to Open Office or to Microsoft Office, or...... You get the picture. What exactly do you want in your report, and what is the intended audience? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:40 am 
Helper

I do see the Print Report link on the right. It would be nice if it printed out the Software of the system, as well as the other great information. I do have phpMyAdmin installed on the server. I'm uncertain as to what data to export, though.

Are you familiar with Sarbanes-Oxley 404 Act?

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:19 am 

Please use this query for your need. It will give you all Software on all Machines. You can save this Report to Excel (cvs) by phpMyAdmin.

SELECT net_ip_address, system_name, software_name ,software_version
FROM system, software
WHERE system_uuid=software_uuid AND system_timestamp=software_timestamp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:03 am 
Helper

I'm giving the ODBC to Excel a try. I downloaded MyODBC-3.51.11-2-win.msi, which gives you the option to choose MySQL when adding a new data source. It seems to not being able to connect. I tried entering in either the hostname of the linux box, or the IP address. neither seem to be working. Any suggestions?

I checked out phpMyAdmin and I did export it onto an excel file, but this seems to be an easier method.

Thank you matze and A_Hull!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:12 am 
My guess is either A) the MySQL server is bound to localhost (so it won't even listen to network requests) or B) there is no username that can access the data remotely. To fix A, I think you modify my.cnf, so google that. If it is B, you need to create a user such that it is user@% or something similar. This will allow connections from everything (%). Otherwise, user@IP address works also, I believe. Look it up in the docs :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:08 pm 
Helper

Alright, I think I have an understanding on what is going on, now! Thank you guys for all your help. This forum is great.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]