Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:11 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:31 pm 

I've created a custom field and I would like to put things like "http://hostname/application" on this field however the char "/" is replaced by "^^^". Is there a way to prevent the char replacement ?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:22 pm 

I've did some research and found out these lines:

open-audit/code_igniter/application/controllers/ajax.php: $config_name = str_replace("%5E%5E%5E", "/", $config_name);
open-audit/code_igniter/application/controllers/ajax.php: $config_value = str_replace("%5E%5E%5E", "/", $config_value);

I've commented (using // and #) and even removed the line altogether (and after that I restarted the apache) but I'm still unable to input a string like "http://somewebsite/" on a custom field of my device.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:17 am 

Right file but wrong fix. I've attached a working (hopefully) ajax.php.

The problem is in any submit field which uses the instantedit.js script which is where the "/" -> "^^^" replacement takes place. The existing code already used urldecode but that wasn't fixing the instantedit slash substitution so I just changed the urldecode to a custom version that reverses the slash substitution. Although in my testing the urldecode function was already operating on urldecoded data.

I only changed the update_system_man function and didn't touch update_config which was already handling this very problem. Mark can fix this how he'd like but the attached ajax.php should get it working in the short term.

Attachments:
ajax.txt [16.78 KiB]
Downloaded 442 times
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:12 am 

Great, worked like a charm!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:25 am 
Site Admin

Thanks JPA. I've merged the changes to ajax.php and it will be in the next release.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:47 am 

I'm using the 1.8.2 version and I have similar problem but the "/" character is replaced with "%2F".
I read the file uploaded by jpa but I didn't find the changes he did.
I also tried to substitute the original file with the jpa's with no luky.
Is there a way to solve the problem?

Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:59 am 

The instantedit.js has changed since this was originally fixed. It looks like instantedit used to replace "/" with "^^^" to fix this very problem. This is now gone so the problem has returned.

So when you edit manual value that has a slash in the data the URL is not found and the update fails. Something like this test of setting a value to "Test1/Test2" gives a 404 on the server which the ajax update silently clobbers.
[code]http://localhost/open-audit/index.php/ajax/update_system_man/112/man_description/Test1%2FTest22[/code]

[url=http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10610799/codeigniter-urlencoded-url-in-uri-segment-does-not-work]Others have seen this problem[/url] in CodeIgniter/Apache and have various suggested fixes. Maybe Mark could replace the /->^^^ substitution for a quick fix?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:40 am 

I had to dig a ways back for a version of instantedit.js that handles this.

So here's my unbroken (again) version. I just put back in the old behavior of replacing the "/" with "^^^" on posting the data. The back end already handles this. Replace "www\open-audit\theme-tango\tango-files\jquery\js\instantedit.js" with the attached.

I tested it with field data containing "/" and it worked. The updated instantedit.js also handles custom field names that contain a "/" but I did not test to see if that works.

[attachment=0] instantedit.js [6.06 KiB]
Downloaded 368 times

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:03 am 

Thank you so much for your help jpa.
Your solution solved my problem!
I also tested custom fields and worked prefectly.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:54 am 

I'm bumping this because it didn't make it into 1.8.4

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]