Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:44 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:20 pm 

I'd like to submit my modified openaudit script as I think it has value outside what I'm using it for.

Some of the changes:
- Working Proxy code, I don't think the previous implementation worked, it didn't for me, but you can now define it so it isn't relying on Internet Options anyway
- Ability to append the primary DNS suffix to the hostname (converts shortname to full host name)
- Skip Tasks capability (I've run into a few bugs where my machines didn't pass this stage, It is skipped by default in the code since OpenAudit doesn't use it yet)
- Skip IIS Folder Size check (Again, I've run into issues with this... hidden files or read-only files may be causing the problem for me or maybe just the extravagantly large sized folders, either way. you can skip it!)

I've unofficially named it version 1.2.4, but it's up to Mark if he wants to adopt it! :)

[code]
http://pastebin.com/fdGHUEe3
[/code]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:33 am 

[quote="augrunt"]Ability to append the primary DNS suffix to the hostname (converts shortname to full host name)
This looks like it might need some tweaking. I took a quick look at one of my test non-Domain machines and Domain is empty with DhcpDomain filled instead. So if you ever set the domain using DHCP in your environment you might want to handle this. At the least your code will append "." to the hostname if the Domain is empty.

[quote="augrunt"]Skip IIS Folder Size checkIf the IIS folder size check is slow this could still be a useful option. But the script really needs to handle the error gracefully.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]