Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:38 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Automation Audit
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:31 pm 

Dear friends, I have created a small script to auto collect data remotely from windows and linux machines, and I would like to share with you, so if anyone has an idea to improve and to make just one file instead of 2, it will be great for the future of OA. I also created my own installation script to adapt to my purpose. If you have any comments, they are very welcome.

Hope this can help someone. And let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,
Ricardo Valente

Attachments:
OA_Ricardo_Scripts.tar.gz [3.25 KiB]
Downloaded 309 times
 Post subject: Re: Automation Audit
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:54 am 

It looks like your scripts assume system_key is the system IP address but this is not generally true. Most of my systems have system_key as <UUID-SYSTEMNAME>. We only have machines in a Windows domain.

Post subject: Re: Automation Audit
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:48 pm 

hello jpa,

Everytime I run the scan scrip the result is the same, no extra info regarding the devices, and the system_keys are always the IP Address of the device.

So I did like this to avoid installation in machines that I had already audit, this was my case, that I just need 1 audit per network, I am nothing monitoring the network.

But if you want to monitoring, and have the script running for time to time, you can just change the select query, to get the ip_address_v4 instead of the system_keys.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]