Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:55 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:38 am 
Helper

After I upgraded from the beta version to 1.0.2, if I click on all devices and then search it turns up no results, even if I copy and paste a computer name that is in the list that I am looking at I get nothing.

Is there an index I need to build or something?

Auditing: 366 Machines (XP/Win7/Ubuntu)
LDAP: Active Directory

Last edited by Shmee on Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:30 am 
Helper

I found the issue. The search is looking for system.type = 'system', but all my records have system.type = 'computer', so if I change the code to look for 'computer' it work, but which one should it be.

So I can A) Fix the code to look for 'computer' or B) Make an SQL script to change everything from 'computer' to 'system'?

For now I did just change line 53 of m_systems.php from "system.type = 'system' AND" to "system.type = 'computer' AND" and it does now work, but I am going to leave this open until I hear back if that is the right change or if I should change everything to 'system'.

Last edited by Shmee on Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:39 am 

You want system.type = "computer" based on my current data but from the comment in the source you don't really want that line at all. Looks like removing it is a ToDo item.

Although looking over the code it looks like it specifically doesn't search the main 'system' table so that needs to be fixed as well.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:59 am 
Helper

Sounds good and thanks for the update. Based on your response, I changed the Topic to [BUG], and left my code change in.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:01 pm 
Site Admin

Yes, it should be searching on type='computer' now. I have changed from a PC being a "system" to a "computer". Makes more sense. I just didn't remember to check searching... My bad. Having said that, I removed the type= altogether from the SQL statement in models/systems.php and it seems fine. I also properly URL decoded any input string in controllers/main.php.

Both files are attached and have been updated in my GIT from the next release. Thanks for posting the bug :D

EDIT - updated m_systems.php as per below post.

Attachments:
File comment: move to open-audit/code_igniter/application/models and rename to m_systems.php
m_systems.txt [5.27 KiB]
Downloaded 435 times
File comment: move to open-audit/code_igniter/application/controllers and rename to main.php
main.txt [26.23 KiB]
Downloaded 412 times

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:21 pm 

Couple things about the changes:

Since you've removed the system.type from the query string you should probably remove the "ToDo" comment explaining it. Unless you left it in to remind yourself for some reason.

It still doesn't search on the 'system' table which has a ton of data you'd probably like to search on. This is more than a one-liner so if you put it on the ToDo list that's great.

As you build the search query using concatenated strings you should probably watch out for little Bobby Tables. Probably another ToDo list item.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:00 pm 
Site Admin

Updated file posted above.
[quote="Mark"]Since you've removed the system.type from the query string you should probably remove the "ToDo" comment explaining it. Unless you left it in to remind yourself for some reason.
Fixed
[quote="Mark"]It still doesn't search on the 'system' table which has a ton of data you'd probably like to search on. This is more than a one-liner so if you put it on the ToDo list that's great. Fixed.
[quote="Mark"]As you build the search query using concatenated strings you should probably watch out for little Bobby Tables. Probably another ToDo list item.Now sure what you mean here? The input is escaped (uses the CodeIgniter stuff). Is that what you mean - watching for SQL injection?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:24 pm 

Great. I probably should have been less obtuse on the SQL injection. I didn't think about CodeIgniter already doing it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:53 am 

This seems like a separate bug but for the same element.
The enter key doesn't initiate the search, I always have to click the "Search" button.
Can it be made to handle the enter key please?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]