Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:31 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:15 pm 

Possibly been asked/answered already - is there any scope for LDAP (Windows AD) login in OAv2 like there is in v1 ?
If so, how is this configured ?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: OAv2 LDAP Login ?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:50 pm 
Site Admin

Menu -> Admin -> Config should do the trick.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:05 pm 

I already have that thanks Mark.
What I mean is how can I change the authentication so it uses LDAP to login, and not the usual "admin" username ?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:31 am 

It may be on the list but this is not possible with Open Audit v2 at this time.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:52 am 

Thought so - thanks

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:03 pm 
Site Admin

[quote="mcutting"]What I mean is how can I change the authentication so it uses LDAP to login, and not the usual "admin" username ?

Do you mean LDAP as opposed to Active Directory?
There has to be a link between LDAP or Active Directory and Open-AudIT.
The username is it.
If you want to get rid of the Open-AudIT admin user just create another user, use your LDAP or AD name, make sure it has "User is admin" ticked and you should be good to go... Admittedly I have not tried this :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:32 pm 

Sorry, when I said "it's on the list" I really meant to say "it is on the list but it's been checked off!" I set ad_domain and ad_server in Admin - Config. Then created a user in Admin - Users - Add a user with my Active Directory username. I was able to log on to OpenAudit using my AD user and AD password without ever having the AD password entered in OpenAudit.

Unfortunately, there is a huge bug in the authentication logic and you can also log in with no password at all! Mark you need to review m_userlogin.php lines 28 and 29. They're not doing what you want. Probably should review the whole of validate_user to make it a bit more robust.

Probably want something more like this but I'm not a coder.
[code]$query = $this->db->query($sql, $data);

if ($query->num_rows() > 0)
{
foreach ($query->result() as $row)
{
$user_id = $row->user_id;
[/code]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:13 pm 

[quote="jpa"]Sorry, when I said "it's on the list" I really meant to say "it is on the list but it's been checked off!" I set ad_domain and ad_server in Admin - Config. Then created a user in Admin - Users - Add a user with my Active Directory username. I was able to log on to OpenAudit using my AD user and AD password without ever having the AD password entered in OpenAudit.

Unfortunately, there is a huge bug in the authentication logic and you can also log in with no password at all! Mark you need to review m_userlogin.php lines 28 and 29. They're not doing what you want. Probably should review the whole of validate_user to make it a bit more robust.

Probably want something more like this but I'm not a coder.
[code]$query = $this->db->query($sql, $data);

if ($query->num_rows() > 0)
{
foreach ($query->result() as $row)
{
$user_id = $row->user_id;
[/code]

I agree - it seems to work fine, but you can also use a blank password - there is no check against AD for authentication. Easily fixed, but missing. Another thing missing is the ability to copy a user based on another, or create one from a template.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:19 am 

I'm wrong again. There is a authentication check against AD but it always succeeds with a blank password because ldap_bind with a valid username and empty password does an anonymous bind which always succeeds. Line 65 in login.php always succeeds when given a valid AD user and no password in line 64 because of this.

Now that we're past the login check if the user exists in Open Audit then we successfully call session->set_userdata at line 67 and when we redirect we're in. If the user doesn't exist in OpenAudit then the set_userdata stuff doesn't work as expected and when we redirect we're forced to authenticate again. This is also why when you give an invalid username and empty password you don't get the "invalid credentials" message below the login box.

I just checked and OAv1 has the same problem but it doesn't let you log in because it's login routine is a bit different.

It would be nice for the next revision of this feature to enable SSL and port selection.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:14 am 
Site Admin

Thanks guys. Fixed for the next release.
I'm busy enabling auditing from the web interface at the moment.
When that's complete, v1.0 will be released :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]