Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:37 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Beta6 released
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:28 am 
Site Admin

[size=200]STOP[/size] Read this post BEFORE you do anything else.

I didn't get my featureset fininshed for this release - but I was sick of it :D I just wanted it out there for you all to break...

[size=150]WARNING[/size] This release has a LOT of database alterations, PHP file changes and VBScript modifications. It may just eat your cat. I suggest you test this AFTER taking a copy of your files and a backup of your database. THIS RELEASE MAY BREAK STUFF. having said that, I have tested the upgrade and it did seem to work. If you have not invested much into manually setting items, it would probably be best to start fresh. I don't want to alarm, but this is a huge release... Copy your files, backup your database and only THEN try the upgrade. Do not say you haven't been warned.

I will add a full ChangeLog to this post later on.

Some highlights are - printer and printer queue auditing is working, SQL version, type, instance is working. Auto creation of Groups based on Organisations added (look in the List Organisations page), Groups are exported with their SQL queries XML escaped and so much more.

I have only (really) tested in the latest version of Chrome - other browsers may break.

Known Bugs - When using the dropdown to select all items in a report (when you're an admin), the dropdown does not appear to function. any help on that would be appreciated.

I have a page that's not in the menu's yet (because it doesn't work yet) - index.php/admin_system/add_system . This page will allow you to manually add various items (phone, router, etc, etc). When you select the type of device it displays a set of appropriate fields. When you hit SUBMIT, it will just dump out the _POST variable. My problem is it's not picking up the extra fields that I place on the form via javascript. Any help here MOST appreciated (head, meet desk).

Make sure you check for new Report definitions and use these instead of your old ones. Admin -> Reports-> Active Report.

Please post bugs in the OAv2 forum titled "beta6 - broken blah blah". It is more helpful to seperate them out, rather than a massive thread with different bugs mixed in...

Have fun - and don't blame me, I just spend too much time writing this stuff :D

[url]https://launchpad.net/oav2/trunk/beta6[/url]

[size=150]UPDATE [/size]- beta6.3 uploaded. Please use this version.

Post subject: Re: Beta6 released
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:27 pm 
Site Admin

Damn - my bad.
Go to codeigniter/system/application/libraries/My_Controller.php and comment out line 7. The line is thus
[code]$this->output->enable_profiler(TRUE);[/code]
put a has in front like this
[code]#$this->output->enable_profiler(TRUE);[/code]

I will upload 6.2 ASAP.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:14 am 

[quote="Mark"]
I have a page that's not in the menu's yet (because it doesn't work yet) - index.php/admin_system/add_system . This page will allow you to manually add various items (phone, router, etc, etc). When you select the type of device it displays a set of appropriate fields. When you hit SUBMIT, it will just dump out the _POST variable. My problem is it's not picking up the extra fields that I place on the form via javascript. Any help here MOST appreciated (head, meet desk).

Put some padding on your desk cause this is going to hurt. You need a name attribute on your input tags.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:16 am 

[quote="Mark"]When using the dropdown to select all items in a report (when you're an admin), the dropdown does not appear to function. any help on that would be appreciated.
I'm not sure what this means so I can't help test.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:22 am 
Site Admin

[quote="jpa"][quote="Mark"]When using the dropdown to select all items in a report (when you're an admin), the dropdown does not appear to function. any help on that would be appreciated.
I'm not sure what this means so I can't help test.

Yeah - my bad for not explaining this properly.
It's when you want to add or edit a User. The drop down that changes all groups doesn't work for me in Chrome. Seem's OK in Firefox and IE.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:26 am 
Site Admin

[quote="jpa"]Put some padding on your desk cause this is going to hurt. You need a name attribute on your input tags.

For items like Cell Phones (non-network devices), etc I plan on creating a name based on the attributes.
For Computers - yeah, I'm going to need a name :D
I still cannot get the extra attributes to show in the returned set of data though :cry:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:46 am 

Sorry I wasn't clear. You need to add a "name" attribute to your input tags and then they will show up in the $_POST. So you have an [code]<input type='text' id='blah'...>[/code] you need to change it to [code]<input type='text' id='blah' name='blah'>[/code]
Thus the need to pad your desk because your head will hit it pretty hard when you realize how close you were.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:56 pm 
Site Admin

Oh dam - lmao.
Head meet desk!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:03 pm 
Helper

[quote="Mark"][size=200]STOP[/size] Read this post BEFORE you do anything else.

I didn't get my featureset fininshed for this release - but I was sick of it :D I just wanted it out there for you all to break...

[size=150]WARNING[/size] This release has a LOT of database alterations, PHP file changes and VBScript modifications. It may just eat your cat. I suggest you test this AFTER taking a copy of your files and a backup of your database. THIS RELEASE MAY BREAK STUFF. having said that, I have tested the upgrade and it did seem to work. If you have not invested much into manually setting items, it would probably be best to start fresh. I don't want to alarm, but this is a huge release... Copy your files, backup your database and only THEN try the upgrade. Do not say you haven't been warned.

I will add a full ChangeLog to this post later on.

Some highlights are - printer and printer queue auditing is working, SQL version, type, instance is working. Auto creation of Groups based on Organisations added (look in the List Organisations page), Groups are exported with their SQL queries XML escaped and so much more.

I have only (really) tested in the latest version of Chrome - other browsers may break.

Why dont you use some kind of automatic testing to ensure that you do not accidentally break existing features?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:07 am 
Site Admin

I don't think many/any EXISTING features were broken.
The real issue this time was the DB upgrade script - and that was simply my fault.
I though I had tested it (am positive I did), but obviously not well enough.
The PHP & VBScript code was pretty well sorted.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]