Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:10 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:52 am 

I'm a helpdesk tech / assistant network admin and a casual user of OAv2 and I'm trying to ficure out how to add our own set of hardware device images. I know where images are stored, but how could I add more? Do I need to just put the picture in the folder with the right name? is there some column that actually references the image path of each hardware device?

I've spent the last hour or two poking through various scripts and files, but I'm not a programmer and I've had little other than a couple SQL Server classes and some time in PHP on w3schools.com, so I'm not terribly capable at divining out this solution.

Any and all help is appreciated

LDAP: Active Directory Server 2008 Domain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:39 am 

Images go in www\device_images which you've probably already figured out. The name of the image is the System Details - Model field converted to lower case, spaces replaced by underscores and ".jpg" on the end. That should work. I'd need to look at the code to see if it accepts more than jpegs. Haven't done that.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:58 am 

oh, wow, thats so much easier.
I ended up throwing the images into the /devices imgaes/custom directory, but i didnt know about the lowercase part, so i did an update on the system table using phpmyadmin to set the man_picture based = 'custom\[imgname]' WHERE model= '[whatever]'

your way is easier, thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:09 am 

From what I'd seen when i tried to gnaw my way through it, it tacks the '.jpg' on the end of the converted model string.

It would be nice to be able to upload a picture of a device based on the model string, but I wouldn't expect that to be very high on anyones list.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:57 am 
Site Admin

[quote]Images go in www\device_images which you've probably already figured out. The name of the image is the System Details - Model field converted to lower case, spaces replaced by underscores and ".jpg" on the end.

Yep - correct.

[quote]It would be nice to be able to upload a picture of a device based on the model string, but I wouldn't expect that to be very high on anyones list.

Consider it "on the list" - but not very high up :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:58 am 

Thanks Mark,
Your hands-on development approach is really awesome, but I pity you for the workload.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:43 pm 

I verified a couple conclusions we had come to the last time this topic came up:

1) capitalization is not important. It can take upper and lowercase (on a windows 7 xampp installation. Linux cares about capitalization and it may impact this action.)

2) any image type will work so long as the extension is .jpg . I'm assuming this is because the browser is the one handling the presentation and it will read file header for how to show things, not extension.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:05 am 
Site Admin

[quote="outsider27"]Your hands-on development approach is really awesome, but I pity you for the workload.

Yeah - my wife isn't always happy with me doing this...
I keep telling her it's part of a grand plan to be able to offer this as a service online.
If I ever get it to that stage I would be VERY happy...

[quote="outsider27"]1) capitalization is not important. It can take upper and lowercase (on a windows 7 xampp installation. Linux cares about capitalization and it may impact this action.)
Yep - it matters on Linux, not so much on Windows.

[quote="outsider27"]2) any image type will work so long as the extension is .jpg . I'm assuming this is because the browser is the one handling the presentation and it will read file header for how to show things, not extension.
Interesting - I had not tried this. I just use Google Images and search for an actual JPG...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]