Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:47 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: New v2 user - loving it!
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 6:40 am 

After a few years of using Open-Audit, I thought I'd give v2 a try.
Installed Beta 5, and I'm impressed. Excellent work!

A few features I miss from the old versions, wonder if they're there and I just don't see them, or perhaps they're planned?

Installed software - If I'm browsing a computer's installed software, and I see say Winzip 12. I used to be able to click on Winzip 12 and get a list of all other computers that have it installed. Or in a software report, I see it's installed on 30 systems, would love to be able to click, and get a list. Very Handy

PDF export - Before we retire a PC, we open it in Open-Audit, click on PDF report, and export a full report to be archived. Would love to have this feature in v2.

Audit.vbs - used to be able to feed it a .txt file list of computers. Would love to see that again. I did see it mentioned in one of the audit script threads, just wanted to add my vote here :)

Again, loving it! Thanks so much for making this wonderful tool available!!

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 7:09 am 
Site Admin

[quote]Installed software - If I'm browsing a computer's installed software, and I see say Winzip 12. I used to be able to click on Winzip 12 and get a list of all other computers that have it installed. Or in a software report, I see it's installed on 30 systems, would love to be able to click, and get a list. Very Handy

Select a Group, run the Installed software Report, click on a software name and you should get what you need.

[quote]PDF export - Before we retire a PC, we open it in Open-Audit, click on PDF report, and export a full report to be archived. Would love to have this feature in v2.
We have XML, CSV and Excel. PDF is most definitley on this list. You could go to the details of a system, expand each section (click the icons for the major sections) and then use something like the SingleFile extension in Chrome to save the entire page. Or use a PDF "printer" to output to.

[quote]Audit.vbs - used to be able to feed it a .txt file list of computers.
You can use some find/replace in a text editor and put the list of PCs in an array in audit_list.vbs. Not quite the same I know, but it's a workaround in the meantime.

Thanks for the thanks! :D

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 7:39 am 

[quote]Select a Group, run the Installed software Report, click on a software name and you should get what you need.

Ahh I wasn't waiting long enough for the list to populate so they weren't clickable. D'oh!

But... when I click on one it blows up with "the website cannot display..."
HTTPD error is:
PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method Report::specific_software() in /usr/OAv2/code_igniter/system/application/controllers/report.php on line 31, referer: netmon1.xxx.ca/oav2/index.php/report/show_report/7/10

[quote]We have XML, CSV and Excel. PDF is most definitley on this list. You could go to the details of a system, expand each section (click the icons for the major sections) and then use something like the SingleFile extension in Chrome to save the entire page. Or use a PDF "printer" to output to.

I may try that. I did see XML CSV etc, but those export butttons disappear when in the details of a computer...

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 7:51 am 

[quote="smason"]But... when I click on one it blows up with "the website cannot display..."
HTTPD error is:
PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method Report::specific_software() in /usr/OAv2/code_igniter/system/application/controllers/report.php on line 31, referer: netmon1.xxx.ca/oav2/index.php/report/show_report/7/10

Ooops. Specific Software report wasn't enabled. D'oh again...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]