Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:32 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:05 pm 
Site Admin

Not sure if anyone has had this issue.
Really, the timeout for PHP should probably be increased - but this will depend on the load placed on the OAv2 server.

I have found when (ok, admittedly overloading) auditing 20 machines from my desktop - which is also the OAv2 server (Core2Duo, 4GB), another 20 from a second machine and another 20 from a third machine, several audits ( ~40) did not complete (out of the ~10,000 audits that were run). I could tell because after all audits were completed, there were rows in sys_man_audits that had values in the audit_debug column. This column should be set to blank when an audit is completed.

Attached is a report you can use to check your own installs to see if you have any system's that did not complete correctly.

I solved this by running this report, extracting the PC names (using the Excel report), editing all the systems on the report and setting their "status" variable to deleted. I then used the "audit_list.vbs" with the PC names that I extracted, re-ran the audits for those systems and all was well. I also manually set the sys_man_audits.audit_debug column to blank upon completion of all audits. Painful :-(

I have a couple of thoughts as to how to overcome this.

In the meantime, I would ask that you use the attached report to check your database for incompleted audits. If you find ANY, please don't hesitate to post in this thread. I have no idea of how severe this issue is, nor how many people this is affecting.

Apologies for the bad code and thanks in advance for reporting any occurances.

Attachments:
File comment: Failed Audits Report
FailedAudits.xml [2 KiB]
Downloaded 766 times

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]