Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:37 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:49 am 

Would someone be kind enough to point me in the right direction for how to audit linux systems?

I see three Linux audit scripts:
1. audit_linux.sh (in the other folder)
2. audit_linux.sh (in the other/Linux Scripts folder)
3. audit_linux_new.sh (in the other/Linux Scripts folder)

I can run these successfully and produce a 'hostname'.txt file but am having trouble adding them through the 'Add a System' menu items.

I am also uncertain how to use these scripts to auto-update the site and noticed that the admin_system_add.php file from the OA_SUBMIT_URL reference in in audit_linux.sh does not exist in my OAv2 root.

And, the next goal would be to understand how to audit several Ubuntu systems from one place.

Thanks! I am not including any error messages because I think I am missing something more fundamental. Maybe if someone could offer an example of how they use these scripts it would be a big help.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:20 am 
Site Admin

Apologies - I will clean up these scripts.
The one to use is /other/Linux Scripts/audit_linux_new.sh
It does not auto submit - it generates a text file only.
Copy and paste that into the form on this page - http://localhost/index.php/system
What error's do you get ?

Automating this for several machines is "on the list". I am thinking "expect" and SSH. Not done yet though. At the moment, it's simply a manual log into each linux machine, run the script and manually copy/paste the file contents.

I'd like a "control" script - same as the Windows one...

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:22 am 

We modified the linux script to post back to the server using curl. Also there was a bug with ipv4 addresses using the wrong xml tag name. See attached file. Feel free to include these changes back into the original.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:44 am 
Contributor

I'd like to see the modified linux scropt that posts the data to the server using curl. Is this available anywhere? thanks

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:37 pm 

Did audit_linux.sh disappear from the release archives? I was gonna give it a go and I can't seem to find out where it wound up.

As for a control audit script, aside from scheduling using puppet or some other management sorcery(distributed task engine, Crontab), You may look at PSSH (Parallel-SSH) at some point.

-Dl

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]