Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:39 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:53 am 

In response to shmee the line to change is in code_igniter\system\application\views\theme-tango\v_system_display.php on line 22
if ($key->man_os_group == 'windows')
change to 'Windows' or what is probable better change to
if (strtolower($key->man_os_group) == 'windows')

This change will return windows irrespective of the original case

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:17 pm 
Helper

When edit users, after form submitting go to the http://---/index.php/admin/list_users instead of http://---/index.php/admin_user/list_users

Post subject: UTF8
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:45 pm 
Helper

[quote="jpa"][quote="Mark"]Seems that the Windows string displays correctly for me.
This makes me think it's a "setting" somewhere - not necessarily the code in OAv2.

So I tried tracking down a setting flaw with this character encoding stuff on my system and didn't have much luck. I was able to get the characters to import correctly by changing the XML header of the posted data.

I changed the audit script XML header from ISO-8859-1 to UTF-8
[code]
result = "<?xml version=""1.0"" encoding=""ISO-8859-1""?>" & vbcrlf
to
result = "<?xml version=""1.0"" encoding=""UTF-8""?>" & vbcrlf[/code]

which produced the following output where the first system audit used ISO-8859 and the second used UTF-8 and I hacked the name a bit to get it in to the system as a new machine.

There is constant in code, called utf8 = "y" used in "submit result online" part of code
If for some reason there is still non-utf part present, why not add this trigger to XML header too?

Post subject: default fields values
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:56 pm 
Helper

When new system add to database, "manual" fields automatically filled with data (man_os_name man_description etc). But when "non manual" fields clanged, "manual" fields remain the same. As result, outdated pseudo-manual data displayed. IMnHO manual fields should be filled strictly manual.

For example, when i fix UTF8 issue in XML data and reinvent systems, i am see old corrupted Cyrillic text. Also, for me "description" is important data, and in this case i miss changes in them.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:19 am 
Site Admin

[quote]When new system add to database, "manual" fields automatically filled with data (man_os_name man_description etc). But when "non manual" fields clanged, "manual" fields remain the same. As result, outdated pseudo-manual data displayed. IMnHO manual fields should be filled strictly manual.

The reason behind this is as follows...
The fields with both "something" and "man_something" can be detected by the audit script, but you may wish to "manually" set the value to something else.
The value retrieved by the audit script is kept in "something" and if it's the first time a system is entered, "man_something" is populated with the same value.
The web display pages always show the "man_something" value.
The "something" fields should only be changed (if at all) by the audit script.

Hope that makes sense. If you want it to work some other way, let me know.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:00 pm 
Helper

On VMWare based WXP system there is no HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\DISPLAY branch on registry. As result - audit aborted with error, and no report send at all.
on error resume next required somewhere?

Last edited by meronbar on Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:55 pm 
Helper

[quote="Mark"][quote]When new system add to database, "manual" fields automatically filled with data (man_os_name man_description etc). But when "non manual" fields clanged, "manual" fields remain the same. As result, outdated pseudo-manual data displayed. IMnHO manual fields should be filled strictly manual.

The reason behind this is as follows...
The fields with both "something" and "man_something" can be detected by the audit script, but you may wish to "manually" set the value to something else.
The value retrieved by the audit script is kept in "something" and if it's the first time a system is entered, "man_something" is populated with the same value.
The web display pages always show the "man_something" value.
The "something" fields should only be changed (if at all) by the audit script.

Hope that makes sense. If you want it to work some other way, let me know.

Sorry, may be i am misunderstood something. I am not so good with English as it should be :(

Audit script detect "something" values and store them in "something" fields. If this is first time audit (new system record creation), server-side do the follow - "something" field duplicated to "man_something". I think this duplication are excessive, but this my nHO.
But what happen then? At some next audit changes happen. Audit script refresh "something"field. User interface doesn't show them, because "man_something" are filed automatically, but of course not updated in same way. User cant see "something" field even if they empty "man_something" manually. This is first problem (i suppose - this is error in code).

Second problem - more suggestion. As for me it is good feature to add not just "custom description text" but set of fields (i mean "man_*" fields). But this is important for me to have access to audited "something" fields too.

How i am see this:
[quote]if "man_something" is "" then display "something"
elseif "something" = "man_something" then display "something"
else display "something"/"man_something"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:44 pm 
Site Admin

[quote]But what happen then? At some next audit changes happen. Audit script refresh "something"field. User interface doesn't show them, because "man_something" are filed automatically, but of course not updated in same way. User cant see "something" field even if they empty "man_something" manually. This is first problem (i suppose - this is error in code).

That is exactly how I intend it to work.
If you would rather see the actual audit result, open up the v_system_display page and change the line
[code]<p><label for="man_description"><?php echo __('Description')?>: </label><span id="man_description" <?php echo $edit?>><?php echo print_something($key->man_description)?></span></p>[/code]
to
[code]<p><label for="description"><?php echo __('Description')?>: </label><span id="description" ><?php echo print_something($key->description)?></span></p>[/code]
or just add in the second line above or below the first line to see both attributes.
[quote]Second problem - more suggestion. As for me it is good feature to add not just "custom description text" but set of fields (i mean "man_*" fields). But this is important for me to have access to audited "something" fields too.
Not sure what you mean, but do the "Custom Details" fields help here ? you can create custom fields to be populated (manually) and they display in whatever section you want. I need to write up a "how-to" on these...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4