Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:09 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:18 am 

I'm new to this system, the guy before me here in the department set this up. He set it up on an Ubuntu machine (which I only have the knowledge to navigate, and therefore am stuck keeping it there) so I would prefer to edit what he has already to make things work. We are using an older version, Version 07.08.28. I was wondering if I could get some help so that we can have all our machines audited. As of now it only does about 15-20. We have it set as a scheduled task to run everyday at 11a and 5p, but we are not getting very good results. Please help :)

Also, if you wanted to help me set it up on Windows through IIS, then that would be swell. But, getting the thing right period, is awesome.

Thanks guys

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:56 am 
Site Admin

Would suggest you try downloading OAv2 beta 1.1 (and the new audit script).
There are two downloads - a complete XAMPPLITE packaged version (recommended for you) and a "code only" version.
Just download the XAMPPLITE version and extract it to c:\ on a Windows machine, then download the new audit script (and replace the one in c:\xampplite\OAv2\other\) and you're good to go.
Just setup a scheduled task on that machine (or another once you've copied over the audit script) for an account with Domain Admin (or at least Local Admin on all audited machines).
Use either the "audit domain" or "audit list" scripts (maker sure you have edited to suit).
In your scheduled task, set items like this:
Run: cscript audit_domain.vbs
Start In: c:\xampplite\OAv2\other
Run as: DOMAIN\ACCOUNT
And set when you want it to run, etc, etc.

Also - make sure your machines are contactable through the Windows Firewall. This may require setting Group Policy. There is a script in Open-AudIT (v1) that I should include called "allow_firewall.vbs". This can be run LOCALLY on each machine. It's easier to set Group Policy, though.

Let us know how you get on.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:58 pm 

Thanks a lot Mark. Where can I find that download? I am looking on the site but not sure where the file may be located. Thanks again.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:13 am 
Site Admin

[url]http://www.open-audit.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5723[/url]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:36 pm 

Creating a new virtual server as we speak. I'll post in the next few days to let you know how things went. Thanks for all of the help.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]