Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:39 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:34 am 

Hi,

I have finally got OpenAudit running on a Centos Server and all seems to work OK. BUT when I make a config change through the web interface and get the message "The Open-AudIT config has been updated." I cannot load any pages after?? Everthing is blank. I then have to run the setup.php again to get things back up and running.

All else seems to run OK and I have done a few audits which display OK.

Also in the config section I can add a ldap connection and smtp OK but when adding a path to the ldap connection nothing happens, no errors, just nothing! and if I click add path it shows nothing there??

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:22 am 

Check your php logs for errors when the pages go blank.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:17 pm 

Thanks for that :D

Check var/log/httpd/error_log and stated the following:

[color=#FF0000][Fri Jun 11 04:06:38 2010] [error] [client 10.1.2.72] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';' in /var/www/html/open-audit/include_config.php on line 60, referer: http://openaudit/open-audit/admin_config.php[/color]

So I just commented line 60 out which was;

[color=#FF0000]$hard_disk_alerts_days = ;[/color]

Now I can update settings without problems but I am still unable to update ldap path. I cant see any errors in the logs but in IE in bottom left it says "Error on page" after I click add path, the error is:

Webpage error details

[color=#FF0000]User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; MDDR; InfoPath.3; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Tablet PC 2.0)
Timestamp: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 08:14:13 UTC

Message: 'this.XmlDomObject.documentElement' is null or not an object
Line: 220
Char: 3
Code: 0
URI: http://openaudit/open-audit/javascript/ajax.js[/color]

I have checked and in var/www/html/open-audit/javascript/ the ajax.js does exist?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:01 am 

Errors with admin_config.php: You can't leave the Days field blank for 'LDAP Directory changes' or 'Hard Disks Alerts' due to [url=http://www.open-audit.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3673&p=16294#p16294]bugs in the system[/url]. The Hard Disk Alerts is left blank by default due to more errors. If you put a value in the blank Days boxes it should work.

Not sure what's up with the ldap path. Can you post the path you're trying to use?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:24 pm 

Thanks for your assitance most issues now ironed out.

In regards to the LDAP Path error I get the error icon show up in bottom right before I enter in the ldap and click save. When I click "add path" is when the error occurs and no matter what I enter in the path it does not save any settings.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:03 am 

ef (Eduardo) fixed your first issue in SVN 1242.

As for the ldap stuff I can't duplicate your problem. When you add a new LDAP connection and click the "Test Connection" button what do you get in the "Connection Results" box. Something like:
[code]
Server connection successful
Schema: AD
Default Naming Context: DC=domain,DC=com
User DNS Suffix: domain.com
LDAP bind successful
[/code]
Anything look amiss in your output?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:38 pm 

I get the below info:

Connection Results
Server connection successful
Schema: UNKNOWN
LDAP bind successful

But if I click edit no details are showing so assume this is why the javascript is failing as it cant return any values, also any new LDAP connections I add I am unable to delete.

I have also tried in IE and Firefox and neither work.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:09 am 

What OS is "LDAP server name" running? My guess is "not Windows" as I don't have these problems. I've found some public LDAP servers to test against that give UNKNOWN for Schema type so maybe I can replicate your problems now.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:42 am 

The following code addition should allow you to save connections and add paths but it's a quick hack and I'm not sure if the ldap stuff will work after the fix. You'll need to test. I suspect it won't work. OpenAudit supports Active Directory and OpenLDAP and even the OpenLDAP has problems if you get off a non-standard config.

Add the following at line 315 in admin_config_data.php:

[code]
if($schema == "UNKNOWN")
{
$ldap_connection_name = $_GET["ldap_connection_server"];
$ldap_user = $_GET["ldap_connection_user"];
}
[/code]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:49 pm 

:D :D
That worked! But now I have several LDAP connections that I cant delete any pointers on how to clear them out manually?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:52 am 

Use phpmyadmin or some other utility to directly access the OpenAudit MySQL tables. Remove the bad connection info from the ldap_connections table.

I still say the LDAP stuff won't work until the connection test returns "Schema: AD" or "Schema: OpenLDAP" and not "Schema: UNKNOWN." Looking through the code there are a couple assumptions about the format of the ldap data that probably don't hold for all configs.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]