Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:08 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: SVN Update fails
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:29 am 

Ok this all started because I was trying to write my own custom query. That failed, so after some troubleshooting, I decided to make sure i was on the latest version of OA.

I am running open audit Version 08.07.23 on a windows XP SP3 machine and always used SVN to update. Never had a problem and love the product.

When I try to update now it says :
Error working copy C:\openaudit\open-audit loced
error please execute the cleanup command
finished!

So I run the cleanup command on c:\openaudit\open-audit and get the following:
Cleanup failed to process the following paths:
- C:\openaudit\open-audit
In the directory c:\openaudit\open-audit\trunk
C:\openaudit\open-audit\trunk\list_viewdef_audit_logs.php is not under version control.

The file list_viewdef_audit_logs.php does not exist. I downloaded the file from the OA SVN update site, and I still get the same error.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: SVN Update fails
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:26 am 

OK, what I would do is this.

1) Backup your database, in case this all goes wrong. Also backup the openaudit php files.
2) Create a new folder, say openaudit-test and use your SVN client to check put a fresh copy of the latest svn version in to this folder.
3) Copy your current files somewhere safe.
4) Copy the SVN version files over your current version. (The only files you MUST preserve are include_config.php and probably audit.config these are system specific, and neither should exist in the SVN version, as they are created at setup time, all the rest of the files can go. All system info is still in the database).
5) Go back into the openaudit index page, you should now see the upgrade available message at the top of the page.

(If instead it runs the setup page, STOP! your include_config.php has gone.... restore it and try again.)

6) Run the upgrade, and off you go....

If you still have SVN issues, go back to stage 4, delete EVERYTHING in your current openaudit folder including the hidden .svn folders, restore the SVN version and YOUR include_config.php and audit.config and try again. Remember. BACKUP EVERYTHING FIRST.

Finally, let us know what the custom query was, we can probably give you a hand.

[size=85]OA Server: Windows XP/ XAMPP, Mandriva/Apache, Ubuntu
Auditing: 300+ Wstns, 20+ Srvrs, Thin clients, Linux boxes, Routers, etc
OS's: Windows XP , W2K Srvr, W2K3 Srvr, W2K8, Vista, Windows 7, Linuxes (and a Mac at home)
LDAP: Active Directory[/size]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:08 am 

I went through each step, and got to #5. I never got a message about an upgrade being available. But I am able to run SVN and it reports back that I am at revision:1232.

I was trying to write a custom query to report serial number, user name, hostname, and Model. I can probably pull the information from another report, but thought i would learn how to do it.

I got and still get the error - FATAL: Could not find view list_viewdef_all_systems2.php.

Thanks for the help!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:54 pm 

[quote="cblair"]I went through each step, and got to #5. I never got a message about an upgrade being available. But I am able to run SVN and it reports back that I am at revision:1232.

I was trying to write a custom query to report serial number, user name, hostname, and Model. I can probably pull the information from another report, but thought i would learn how to do it.

I got and still get the error - FATAL: Could not find view list_viewdef_all_systems2.php.

Thanks for the help!

OK Step #5 would only happen if the database was not already at the correct version, so it seems everything is working fine.

The fatal error suggests either that the web service cannot read the file, due to a security issue, or that the filename is corrupted.

Post your list_viewdef_all_systems2.php file and we can take a look at it.

[size=85]OA Server: Windows XP/ XAMPP, Mandriva/Apache, Ubuntu
Auditing: 300+ Wstns, 20+ Srvrs, Thin clients, Linux boxes, Routers, etc
OS's: Windows XP , W2K Srvr, W2K3 Srvr, W2K8, Vista, Windows 7, Linuxes (and a Mac at home)
LDAP: Active Directory[/size]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]