Registrations to Open-AudIT forums are now closed. To ask any new questions please visit Opmantek Community Questions.

Open-AudIT

What's on your network?
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:05 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:32 am 

Somehow when I enable offline mode, I do not get the audit_custom_software.inc results in the local file created with the audit results. I tried adding traces and sure enough the custom audits are called and the data makes it all the way to the form entry function... but after the audit is run, there is no trace of the custom audits in the results. My custom audits work great when running online.

Any idea what might be going on?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:17 pm 
Helper

Do you get Firefox Extensions, Firewall Settings and Microsoft Office/Windows CD Keys in the offline audit?

You might try this [url]http://www.open-audit.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2308&hilit=[/url]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:39 am 

Actually, I did not notice that these were missing too and now they are logged properly to the offline file. I still do not get my custom application to work offline.

>If I copy the code inline in the audit.vbs script instead of the ExecuteGlobal CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject").OpenTextFile("audit_custom_software.inc").ReadAll it works just fine.

>If I edit the my audit_custom_software.inc and add popup boxes, I see that it does get executed end to end.

>As per my original post - I added traces in the audit.vbs where it writes the values it got from my custom audits to the file and saw that the right values made their way all the way there. Just no to the offline log file.

You are pointing me in the right direction, looks like very similar problems. More tests.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:21 am 
Helper

Try this [url]http://www.open-audit.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2308&hilit=[/url]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:54 pm 

[quote="jpmorgan"]Try this [url]http://www.open-audit.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2308&hilit=[/url]

I did try in my previous post and I now get the Keys and Firefox extensions but still my custom software audits are not saved to the offline file. The audit_custom_software.inc is definately executed and values retrieved for these custom audits are right on and make it all the way to the audit.vbs where it's supposed to be written to the offline file but then... in the 'entry' sub, I can still see the right values but it's like the writeln to the offline file isnt doing anything.

It is surely looks like another similar issue where the objTextFile is getting used by another piece of code just like for the Keys & Firefox Extensions.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]